Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons, how delightful....hold on I PRODUCED!

Options
  • 28-02-2006 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Well nothing better than to start the day with a Garda knocking on your door for court summons for not producing, Tax, Insurance, Drivers Licence & Valid NCT.

Now all fine and well if i was guilty however I produced all of the above at the Garda station of my choice and within the correct time frame!!! :mad:

Has anyone been in the same boat before, if so what was the outcome?

Cheers,

Samba

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Exact same happened to a friend of mine, went to court and had to pay a fine. She took a right where she shouldn't have and was told to produce the next day. She did this but a Garda game round and issued a summons for not producing.

She only got the fine for the illegal turn in the end though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Contact the Garda you produced everything to. Show him your summonses. Most likely a clerical error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Citizen Jake

If you went to the Garda station and produced, they would have written it in as an entry into a large book in the station. All you need to do is get a photo copy of the entry - in my experience they were quite helpful in this - and then see about contacting the guard that stopped you and see about getting the summons quashed. Chances are its a clerical error. Otherwise, you'll have to go to court and produce all your documentation again as well as the proof that you did go to the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Chief--- wrote:
    Contact the Garda you produced everything to. Show him your summonses. Most likely a clerical error.

Heya Chief!

Yeah i did so and I was promised that my call would be returned within 10 minutes, two and half hours later I'm still here twidling my thumbs waiting for a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Probably best to drop in especially if you need a copy of the entry in the book.

• Advertisement

No need to go to court, if you cannot contact the garda your produced to, contact the name of the gard that summonsed you. Its on the summons.

Arrang to meet him with all your documentation and he can strike out the summonses in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Q: when you get stopped and are given a producer are they not supposed to give you some kind of form stating what the producer is for, where you are supposed to go and within what timeframe?

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

Samba wrote:

Cheers,

Samba

Was in a very similar situation. Stopped asked to produce, produced the following day at local station. A few months later summions (x4).

Went to the local station with a witness in tow, asked to check that my details were taken. They were, asked for a copy, refused. I was told that the details would be sent to the Gaurd who issued the summons. Was also told that once the summons was issued I'd have to go to court.

Went to court. Gave the Judge all the details, she was very professional about the whole thing. (My details included a letter from the witness I had brought to the station, recommended to do this) Judge asked the Gaurd why he was waisting the courts time and my time with this. Instructed the Gaurd to get my details before I left the court and to contact me to let me know that everything was sorted out.

And that was the end of that......

MiCk B. :-)

I must say i am quite gobsmacked by the Gardai.

I rang up the station where i requested to produce and they said they had no record of me producing!!

Furious as I was I went down and paid them a visit, calm and collective.

once again i was told there was no record, so I asked that they double check, oh wait....we have somthing here!

Now, i produced everything and I asked the Gardai to provide me proof that I had produced, I was told that they did not want to get involved and to go see the Garda who summonded me to sort it out with the, WTF??? they have got to be kidding me.

I've been told to show up to court by the Garda who summoned me and to produce everything then, now one little problem, I have a new car...more fun.

So in short, I cannot produce the items, a Garda station has a record of all these items and they are refusing to give me a reciept/letter/anything to confirm this.

Surely the Gardai have to acknowledge this and give me a copy of everything I produced on the day???

Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to court i go....yay......... Thank you Gardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

This happened my brother a few months back. it turned out that when he produced his details that garda took the reg wrong, then when the guard who asked him to produce searched the computer by the reg nothing came up. he just called to the station where he produced and they told him to ring the guard who sent the summons and then she sorted it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Samba wrote:

Cheers,

Samba

That scene from Monty Python springs to mind . . . . " . . . cardboard box ?! Luxury !! :)

I traded in my car (Alfa 156) Jan '05.
    Received parking fine for car (said 156) in April 05 for anoffence on the 24-4-05.
    Rang fines office, told to ignore it "probably clerical error, it will sort itself out"
    September 05 06:45 - dong-dong, good morning heres a summons for you !
    Contact fines office again, no problem, it seems the car wasn't re-registered to the new owner until 16-4-05 just contact the tax office and get proof of this and all will be well.
    Contact tax office, "oh dear ! don't worry I'll put that in the post now should have it soon.

1 month later, same conversation as above.

November 05, still no proof, contact tax office again. "Something must have gone wrong, is your address blah blah blah ? NO !! It's not it's blah blah blah. Ah that's what happened, I'll send this one to your address.

Contact fines office again. Get contact name of who to send proof to with promise of a resolution as soon as it's received.

Feb 06. Still no proof ! Ring tax office again. blah blah babbity . . Oh we can't send you any information on that car, it doesn't belong to you !!!!! :confused: :mad: Spoke to someone with some cop-on. Will a letter saying when you ceased being the registered owner suffice because I can send that to you . . . . . :confused:

Got this letter last week. It's too late to send it to the gaurds so I have to get a day from work to appear in court !!! Fcukin' Morons !!!

ZEN

Samba wrote:
    I've been told to show up to court by the Garda who summoned me and to produce everything then, now one little problem, I have a new car...more fun.

Deep breath....
    Tell the garda who told you to go to court that you were speaking to another garda who found the details of your production on pulse, and for him to check it himself, and for him to go to court and strike out the summonses.

Any problem with this ask to speak to his unit sergeant or else the sergeant in charge of the station.

No reason for you to have to go to court with the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Samba wrote:
    once again i was told there was no record, so I asked that they double check, oh wait....we have somthing here!

Now, i produced everything and I asked the Gardai to provide me proof that I had produced, I was told that they did not want to get involved and to go see the Garda who summonded me to sort it out with the, WTF??? they have got to be kidding me.
    Get the reference / date & time of this and contact the Garda on the summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Be very carefull, something similar happen a guy in work here, he had to produce proof of insurance. He did, but still recieved a summons for not producing.

He contacted the guard that he produced to, was told not to worry and everything would be alright. He ignored the summons as he was due to be on holidays at the time and the impression he got from the guard was that the summons would be cancelled.

All was fine for a few months, he then went to renew his licence and was told that his licences was suspended. He was conviced in his absence of driving without insurance. It took about two months of no licence, legal wrangling and another court case to get his license back and cost him about €2500 on legal costs, his licence was still endorced and also the hassle of not being allow drive for two months.

He didn't even get an apology from the guard in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I had a similar problem with the Gardai a few years ago when I found a car trailer abandoned in one of my fields one morning. Went down to my local Garda station and reported it to a Garda who I knew and his response was that Christmas had come early for me! Two months later the owner of the trailer arrives in my yard and accuses me of stealing his trailer. I rang the Gardai and asked when Garda X was on duty in front of the "owner" and agreed to meet in the station and guess what..... Garda X didn't remember anything, didn't even recognise me who fixed the f***ers car four months earlier! Its amazing how they can forget things when it suits them. Any way the owner got his trailer back and that was the end of it but it could of turned nasty no thanks to that Garda. Today I was in court regarding penalty points, the Garda took down the reg of my car incorrectly so I decided to let it go to court on my solicitors advice. After pleading that he made an error he tried to rectify his error but the judge was having none of it and gave the Garda major grief and told him he was wasting court time and even my time. Needless to say I was delighted but I'll be keeping my head down the next time I pass through his area or no doubt I'll probably get penalty points for incorrect tyre pressures or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jammy! This thread does make one wonder what they are being taught up in Templemore, not efficency thats for sure.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I recall hearing years ago that gardai don't use their correct signature on all garda docs for this kind of reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yet more examples of the (for the most part) incompetent, corrupt SHAMBLES of a police force that we have in this country (and which we all pay for I might add!)

You all should have a read of the Garda Opinions thread in After Hours. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Reading this thread I could be in a bit of bother, driving a car that was 6months out of TAX ( it was off the road for a lot of that time) got caught ( fair enough) , asked to produce only my license (nct was 2 days gone also but he only looked for my license) dropped it in on time and payed the fine. My wife got the car taxed the same weekend as I was caught as I had already got the form signed off at the local station to say the car was off the road but the tax does not go as far back at the weekend I was caught.

The Garda who took the info commented " are you sure you only have to show your license and not the insurance or tax " so if they do come looking again I would say they will want the car back taxed ?????

Just a little update on this......

Somthing which had not come to my attention and the penny dropped.

I cannot believe the level of stupidity, let's just say in my name where there should be an A there is an O on the court summons.

Which would lead me to this conclusion, the Garda in question must surely have searched for someone of the name spelt with an O on the database and surely enough this search was to no avail:rolleyes:

I have a friend who had a case thrown out due to the fact that the spelling of his address was incorrect.

Does anyone know off hand if this also applies to the spelling of ones name.

My names is not exactly one that is obscure nor uncommon, I would give most 7 year olds credit to have the ability to spell it correctly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Samba wrote:

I have a friend who had a case thrown out due to the fact that the spelling of his address was incorrect.

Does anyone know off hand if this also applies to the spelling of ones name.

My names is not exactly one that is obscure nor uncommon, I would give most 7 year olds credit to have the ability to spell it correctly :)

Technically, if your name is spelled incorrectly on the summons(es) then you are not the accused person ! Don't place too much reliance on this one though as some DJ's might not take a strict view on all aspects of documentary precision !

I reckon that the safest thing to do in this sort of mess is to make sure to attend court with all your evidence to ensure that the case is dismissed / struck out. When you consider the messing that caused summonses to issue in the first place it takes no imagination to say that NO reliance should be placed on promises to sort it out for you.

Sorry to drag up an old thread didn't think it merited a new one.

Anyway....

So I go down to my local Garda station and ask for a copy of all documentation I provided....

This obnoxious a-hole of a gard, swings the doors open after a while at the computer, Now sir.... You were summoned to court for blah blah blah blah....

Hold on a second Garda, I produced...well you can argue that in court...o.k.... Can I have a reciept of everything which i produced here on the x date, there you are.

He handed me a reciept stating that the only documentation I provided was my Licence..

Now what moron would go visit his Garda station know he needs to produce XY & Z and only produce X? :)

I am truly gobsmacked, the Gardai are trying to sweep their mistakes under the bed.

This reciept I can tell you was very different to the original one which I recieved, Im still trying to find this since moving houses...

If these are the shenanigans that go on at merely a road traffice offence level, it really makes you wonder what goes on more high profile cases.....

I contacted my Tax office, a letter is being sent out stating that I was taxed, I contacted my Insurance company and they are sending me out a copy of my old insurance cert and NCT cert :)

So....I will be going to court with all this documentation, which apparently I was too lazy/bothered to produce..

On the name spelling, I have read of cases being thrown out, the court has to make an alteration to the details of the summons, it's up to the judge whether or not he/she will allow such action, I will be making this request myself, not with a view to have it thrown out, simply to ensure that everything is above the board :)

So my advice to anyone here who has gone down and produced is to keep your reciept and all relevant information, be it previous card documentation etc...

A harsh lesson learnt, I simply cannot believe how the Gardai try to shelter one and other from their quite obvious and idiotic mistakes...this is appauling..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The Garda are f**kwits, period.
    If they can't handle simple clerical matters how the hell are they supposed to have the competence to investigate crimes? Samba, your situation is a complete farce - you have my sympathies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I owned a moped a few years ago!! Bought the bike new so had to but insurance and tax at the same time!! Was in hospital for a while and my dad collected the bike after its first service and yet the thing was serviced so I walk the bike to the shop!! A garda pulled up behind me and asked if the bike was mine and I showed id and the log book!! Ok son produce tax an insurance in Tallaght station in the next 10 days, I said I might not have the documents in 10 days so he said right get your insurance and lisence in 10 days and tax in 20!! A few days later everything arrived so I went to the station (this was a day or so after the front desk was burnt out) and produced everything!! 8-9 months later 8 summonses to court!! I went to the station with no luck from the gardai so my mams friend is a garda and he also got the details the same day as the tallaght gardai just in case so he said he would sort the mess out for me!! Right thats grand all sorted!! 16months later!! Gardai knock on the door to arrest me for failing to appear in court!! I explained everything and it all got sorted out but it just goes to show that they have no better to be doing than going for innocent people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I know its easy to pick cases where the Gardai fail and highlight them but basic record keeping is a must in thier business.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Samba wrote:
    Hold on a second Garda, I produced...well you can argue that in court...o.k.... Can I have a reciept of everything which i produced here on the x date, there you are.
    What does their log book say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

garda are simply idiots and are useless at simple things
    they lye throught there teeth
    had this happen to friends of mine 2 years ago and cant beleive it still happens
    what a shambles
    should give them employment contracts when they join force like they do in states and when the f-up,can them ,simple,then they might get some og there lying act together

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

had this happen to friends of mine 2 years ago and cant beleive it still happens
    what a shambles
    should give them employment contracts when they join force like they do in states and when the f-up,can them ,simple,then they might get some og there lying act together

Yes. All of them are idiots. Every last one of them. All liars who lye (sic) through their teeth. They are all out to get us. I bet ya they pay the criminals to rob our cars and break into our houses to nick our laptops etc.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

what a shambles

You can't spell a simple three-letter word and you are calling others 'idiots'. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Litcagral wrote:
    You can't spell a simple three-letter word and you are calling others 'idiots'. :rolleyes:
    why are you in garda
    get a life and chill

Advertisement