Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing a Tattoo

Options
  • 28-02-2006 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advice on getting a tattoo designed. As I've already mentioned on another thread, I'm considering getting a large piece done that would start on my left upper chest, cross my shoulder, and incorporate about one third of my back (with the option of extending), and the upper part of my left arm.

I've two main problems. 1, I'm based in Monaghan, so regular trips to Dublin City Centre would be bordering on impossibe and 2, choosing a style. I could go through a gallery of pictures of every style of tattoo, and I could pick one of every stlye that I like. I already have a dragon thats the length of my upper right arm, so maybe this is an indication of wat my preferences are. I know I like some colour, but not every shade of the rainbow.

Can anyone advise what my next step should be. I assume I need to speak to a good tattoo artist who can make some suggestions, as I'm struggling to picture anything in my head that could link my chest back and arm.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

I'd never go for more than 3 color's on it, if it's gonna be that big, Best thing to do urself is 2 sketch stuff out urself what you'd like, you dont have to be Da vinci or anything, Then bring it to a tattooist and ask him what can he do, If ya get a nice fella he'll make one up for ya, Celestial ring here in dublin, i've seen a few good Big designs comin from there, and quite a few dragons incorporated into designs,

Hope it goes well for ya, Wouldnt mind seeing it when it's done

Kellxor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Personally ther bigger the design the more colour you can fit into it but that might be me, If your not good at art you can just pick a load of tattoos you like even if its just one colour in one or the way the shading was in another and show them to an artist so they get the idea of what you like

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Are most Tattoo artists willing to custom design a piece for you, or are there places where they prefer you to come in and pick something out of their portfolio, which is something I won't be doing.

I believe there is a tattoo studio in Drogheda (The Pain Factory). Anyone ever heard of this place. I like the look of some of the stuff on Stigmata-tau's website. Any recommendations for here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Stigmata are good, odn't know about the other places. Any reputable place is generally dying for people to come in and do custom work as there's only so many times you can do a piece of flash and not get sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Sorry, I was just about to post here and tell everyone to disregard my last query as I done a search on Stigmata here, and there wasn't a bad word said.

In fairness, the place in Droghreda wouldn't give me much confidence as the name doesn't exactly show much imagination. Could be 100% wrong there though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement