Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding Around the World

Options
  • 28-02-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Went snowboarding for the first time ever last week in a place called The Devil's Head, north of Madison in Wisconsin and absolutely loved it. Totally hooked, going back there in April. :)

Just wondering what are the best snowboarding places to go to around the world? Heading on a world trip in June and will be in New Zealand and California along the way and I would like to do some more snowboarding on my trip. I've heard that New Zealand is meant to be really good for snowboarding. Anyone been there before?

Also wheres a good place to buy snowboarding gear? I presume that it's expensive in Ireland. The net a better option? Or wait till I'm back in the States? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Larianne wrote:
    Went snowboarding for the first time ever last week in a place called The Devil's Head, north of Madison in Wisconsin and absolutely loved it. Totally hooked, going back there in April. :)

Just wondering what are the best snowboarding places to go to around the world? Heading on a world trip in June and will be in New Zealand and California along the way and I would like to do some more snowboarding on my trip. I've heard that New Zealand is meant to be really good for snowboarding. Anyone been there before?

Also wheres a good place to buy snowboarding gear? I presume that it's expensive in Ireland. The net a better option? Or wait till I'm back in the States? Thanks in advance.

If in California go to Kirkwood in South Lake Tahoe. Was there in Jan - very good (about a 3 - 4 hour drive from San Fran).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

went to new zealand 2 yrs ago and it was savage............
    Go to a town called wanaka,on the south island ! It's near tha infamous queenstown, and has three resorts close by , Cardrona , Treble Cone , and tha Nz snow park ..........! All excellent resorts.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's not that big in New Zealand though (in terms of lifts and length of runs) I did my first bit of skiing there and loved it but after having being in France and Italy, New Zealand is poor in comparision. Although in saying that its still a place to board! I liked Cardrona and also did some in Queenstown but i forget the name of the resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

i think the reosrt in queenstown is called the remarkables.... i was in queenstown a couple of times but never snowboarded there...!

you're right about the runs being shorter than some european resorts.....!
    But there was something special about snowboarding in august......

Advertisement