Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Processes and Models used in industry

Options
  • 28-02-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I'm still in college and I'm learning about a few of the different software processes and it got me thinking about what of these are used by you guys in the industry in Ireland(and abroad)

I ask because one of our lecturers was really pushing XP and I'm wondering if its as common as he says it is. Do people in industry really use agile methodology at all or are companies using more traditional processes still.

And believe it or not - this is not for a report. I'm just curious :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

The good old boring & rigid waterfall is definitely the most widely used methodology. However RUP and test-driven dev seem to becoming more popular. Peer programming is used some places, but I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with it.

Advertisement