Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthday party:

Options
  • 28-02-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

ok, my daughter is turning 5 in about 3 weeks. up till now i've gooten away without having a proper birthday party for her, not much friends so it was just a family thing.
    this yr she's in school, so she wants a party.
    this is my problem....i want to have the party at home so::

how many out of her class do i have to invite? all of them? she only has certain "good" friends so will we just invite them?

what kind of food should i get, just i cook aload of cocktail sausages, chicken nuggets etc.....(with plenty sweets after i'm guessing)

do i get the parents to drop off the kids or do they come in too?

how long should the party last?

any suggestions for games etc would be great too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

I had a rule that they could invite as many children as their age, plus one to 'grow on'. These means that a 5yr old will be able to invite 6 kids, plus your own leaves you will 7 of 'em which I think is plenty.

Food - well the old favourites still go down a treat, choc rice krispie buns, fairy cakes, cocktail sausages, sandwiches, popcorn, crisps, b'day cake.

Games - again the old favourites, pass the parcel, musical chairs, simon says, ladders etc.,

Time: 1 1/2 hours is pretty much enough at this age, 30 mins for games on arrival, 30 mins for food, 30 mins more games. Goody bags of leftover party food, a pencil/rubber, balloon (that sort of thing) going home is plenty.

Parents: an extra pair of hands is always helpful - some kids can be shy and parents might prefer to stay which is fine as long as they don't expect to be entertained as well!

have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Kildrought wrote:
    I had a rule that they could invite as many children as their age, plus one to 'grow on'. These means that a 5yr old will be able to invite 6 kids, plus your own leaves you will 7 of 'em which I think is plenty.

thats a very good rule, think i'll stick to that myself! thanks for all the advice!

Advertisement