Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-black mascara

• 28-02-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm coming to the end of a tube of plum-coloured No7 mascara that I absolutely love. However, it was part of a limited edition so I doubt I'll be able to replace the exact shade.

Does anyone have any recommendations for non-black mascaras, preferably that also come in a waterproof formula.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Yes!!! ;) Go to Yves Saint Laurent in BTs Dudara and I promise you'll never look back (simply because your lashes will be so utterly gorgeous and long!) They have black, plum, navy, purple, British racing green and a number of other colours, it stays on brilliantly and won't smudge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Estee Lauder had some mad coloured mascaras out a while back - pinks and turquoise and purple. Don't think they have the pink colour any more but its worth checking the other colours out. MAC have green and blue mascara but its not very good. I find the cheaper the brand,the better the coloured mascara is. Got a Topshop blue mascara years ago and it was brilliant. So I'd say to check out Boots for the coloured mascara but give Estee Lauder a look too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

PURPLE you say. hmmmm
    think its time to do something about my boring black mascaras!
    threw out a load of brownish black crap a while back, cant stand the stuff, but purple or navy would be nice, especially as i wear a lot of purple eyeshadow (and purple in general...)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you're not looking to spend much money, Maybelline do a great plum mascara. It's the Wonder Lash one, I think. The one that's in the fat navy tube anyway.

Seraphina wrote:
    PURPLE you say. hmmmm
    think its time to do something about my boring black mascaras!
    threw out a load of brownish black crap a while back, cant stand the stuff, but purple or navy would be nice, especially as i wear a lot of purple eyeshadow (and purple in general...)

Yes, PURPLE!!:p

It's No. 4 of the Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils and it's particularly lovely if you're wearing a grey/smoky eyeshadow. It's not OTT either, it catches daylight but isn't gaudy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

I think Benefit have a number of different coloured mascaras, I rmember trying a plum/purple one which looked amazing without being gaudy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Most of the higher-end brands have coloured mascaras; they're a great way of standing out from the crowd! Bourjois and Maybelline also do them, and they're great value for money. Bourjois are owned by Chanel, so it's basically Chanel expertise at a cheaper price ...of course the Bourjois product is always on the market about a year after the Chanel product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I went into the YSL counter in BT Cork over the weekend and tried out a few shades. In the end I opted for the Cils Infini Mascara in Burgundy as it just made my eyelashes curl so much.

I'm going back next payday for a shade of green that I also fell in love with. It looked great with my eyes.

Thanks for all your recommendations

dudara wrote:
    I went into the YSL counter in BT Cork over the weekend and tried out a few shades. In the end I opted for the Cils Infini Mascara in Burgundy as it just made my eyelashes curl so much.

I'm going back next payday for a shade of green that I also fell in love with. It looked great with my eyes.

Thanks for all your recommendations

That's brilliant girl! I'm telling you, I'm absolutely addicted to the YSL range, it's like wearing false eyelashes!! Is it the racing green shade that you've fallen for? Have it, gorgeous!! ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Clarins do a lovely violet coloured mascara

• Advertisement
Advertisement