Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage conversion and extension

Options
  • 28-02-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,
    The house I recently bought has a partially converted garage (Garage door replaced with window, electrics in place). However I want to complete the job properly (put in wc, utility) and extend upwards to add on another bedroom, bathroom etc.
    Has anyone any ballpark figures for conversions?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jayo245 wrote:
    Hi,
    The house I recently bought has a partially converted garage (Garage door replaced with window, electrics in place). However I want to complete the job properly (put in wc, utility) and extend upwards to add on another bedroom, bathroom etc.
    Has anyone any ballpark figures for conversions?

:)
    For an extension over existing garage/utility room, I paid €34k a few years ago for 2 bedrooms roughly 9ft wide and 30ft long. Spoke to the builder other day and he says its about €39k now. I'd estimate another €10k for the conversion, depending on what kind of work is to be done, but if you have the builder in doing all the work at once, you might get a few grand off that.
    Really depends on fixtures & fittings after that and how much you want to spend.
    Add costs of architects drawing for 1st floor extension & pp application to your budget.

Advertisement