Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snobbery in UCD

Options
  • 28-02-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

The amount of snobbery and exclusion in UCDD is getting ridiculous! People are still hanging around in secluded groups and cliques. If you don't 'fit in' to their criteria of whats acceptable then you can forget about making friends.
    I thought this was the focking 21st century!
    Just because I don't have have black clothes, a black leather coat or long greasy, dirt infested hair doesn't mean I can't be your friend! I really do want to talk about the lefties in the SU and government sanctions for Iran. Its not my fault my parents sent me to an actual good school (i.e. fee paying). Its not my fault I live in a nice house in a nice area and speak with correct diction!

But these people just won't accept me for who I am. They judge me on looks and sounds. They can't se past the real me. A person who loves death metal and insulting bebo. I have alternative tastes just like them. Why don't they want me? Why can't we all be different together?
    I even tried putting my collar down for those guys and they were just having none of it.
    I asked one totally awesome grunge skater where the next focking lecture was and he caustically replied 'like its 'totally' in d4, mon'.
    I was so scathed I had to drown my sorrows in Kielys and then BT2 for some threads shopping.

I for one am sick of these cliques who won't accept someone. All day they just bitch about d4s and how they are ruining there college experience by BEING there. Its not my fault we go to college, its not my fault you have to listen to us on the bus or actually STAND near us.

Why can't they just ignore our simple ways? Let our golf drive past in peace!

Seriosuly, if you don't like something just ignore it. I hate knackers, so what do I do? I just don't go to the Northside. Simple.

Although I did venture there the other day. Must say it looked better than I thought it would.

http://file005.bebo.com/large/2006/02/26/02/158491914a339839419b59993042l.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I honestly believe UCD is the most stuck up college that has ever existed. My place of work is Trinity and I don't see snobbery here at all so one would wonder what happened to UCD?

Sangre wrote:
    Seriosuly, if you don't like something just ignore it. I hate knackers, so what do I do? I just don't go to the Northside. Simple.

http://file005.bebo.com/large/2006/02/26/02/158491914a339839419b59993042l.jpg

Thats absolute snobbery and a horrible attitude to have.

Sangre wrote:
    UCD should have implemented a CAO type system based on postal code. No one to look down on then!

Thats more snobbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

UCD should have implemented a CAO type system based on postal code. No one to look down on then!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that really made me laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Amen, Brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

D4heads make Kirby's brain hurt. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hahaha. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

did ya ever think the snobbery might just be against you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

That made my day, thanks mon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Several points...ok wel just two!

1. Amazing post Sangre, highlight of my day!

2. Don't people realise that being anti-D4 is also snobbery??

Oh wait...an extra point!

Get on with your lives!....I meet jerks everywhere and I don't care!

On a more humorous note......why did the plane crash? because the pilot was a loaf of bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I look down on double-posters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You look down on most people you tall b*stard. :v:

Yeah he's really tall!! Actually all the boardsies i've met are quite tall I wonder what the average height is? [then again i'm short...]

You look down on most people you tall b*stard. :v:

Only because they are inferior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

this thread is hilarious

Im 6'2"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

*yawn*

but I look taller when I sit on my wallet
    *peachpants perks up* :p

lol

nah I have my own lanky boy with a thick wallet*

*the wallet part may not be true, but he is tall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I wish to share my tale of woe (which has a lesson) with Boards with relation to this issue.

When I was walking from Roebuck to Arts today I met several people with varying degrees of snobbiness.

First I met Prince Charles. He seemed really down to Earth.
    Then I met Mr. "I'm not a snob but those people who aren't the same as me are jerks".....he seemed like a snob....what a jerk. I hate people like him.

Then I met a man with seven wives;
    Every wife had seven sacks,
    Every sack had seven cats,
    Every cat had seven kits;
    Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
    How many were there going to St. Ives?

He seemed really snobby. Who needs 7 wives, sacks, cats or kits?

Moral of the story? That's for you to discover.

TheVan wrote:
    Moral of the story? That's for you to discover.

Watch Die Hard III repeatedly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Not to make assumptions about people! like that they're going to St.Ives:cool:

Im 6'2"

Isn't it sad when smaller men try to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

EduMyth wrote:
    Watch Die Hard III repeatedly?
    Dammit Dónal, the only lesson to be learned from that movie is that it's shit. They shouldn't have brought in any new main characters. The whole point of a Die Hard movie is that Bruce Willis is supposed to be on his own against all odds.

and in a tight, white vest....don't forget the tight, white vest

*drool*

*joins in the drooling

finally this thread is getting somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

The thread starter slagged of the Northside by showing a pictire of the riots in O'Connoll Street , im sorry but was there not rioting in Temple Bar , Ashton Key and i may be mistaken but im sure i saw cars ablaze on Nassau St. Im fed up with all this utter crap from stuck up people

The thread starter was taking the píss, as he often does.

Its best for all involved if you don't take him seriously :p

• Advertisement

NCIRL wrote:
    The thread starter slagged of the Northside by showing a pictire of the riots in O'Connoll Street , im sorry but was there not rioting in Temple Bar , Ashton Key and i may be mistaken but im sure i saw cars ablaze on Nassau St. Im fed up with all this utter crap from stuck up people

Not to mention the attacks in annabells! PURE SCUM

Advertisement