Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish broadband customers help plz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I was playing bf2 yesterday on a uk and getting a ping of 24! best on the server...i generally get pings of around 40 or under but it all depends on where the server is based, i seem to get the best pings to germany and the uk.... look at my other post above with a screenshot of speedtests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

C:\>ping nad-diag.online.scee.com

Pinging nad-diag.online.scee.com [217.18.19.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 217.18.19.250: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=244
    Reply from 217.18.19.250: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=244
    Reply from 217.18.19.250: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=244
    Reply from 217.18.19.250: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=244

Ping statistics for 217.18.19.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 22ms

C:\>

Thats on my breeze 2mb (now 3mb :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

nice one lads..very good pings..with utv i get like 40-50 ping useally but now anywere from 40-800 :(

and abcork in that picture is that when your still on 2mb or 3mb??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

IgsTer wrote:
    nice one lads..very good pings..with utv i get like 40-50 ping useally but now anywere from 40-800 :(

and abcork in that picture is that when your still on 2mb or 3mb??

Thats on 2mb... havent bin upgraded to 3mb yet.... at least i dont think i have.. i havent checked in the last week or so... those results are defo on 2mb anyway....

Id say go ahead and order it, im very happy and i have had no problems.... its also the only package you will get with the great upload speed....

I also agree with the poster above, the complaints thread should be unstickied... they have pulled themselves together now and no one has posted there for ages anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

so your getting really good speeds then on 2mbit..nice..

well ill wait til after christmas to get it because thats when ill really be playing games alot because of a new computer..and if utv is stil acting up ill definetly be changing..yeah the upload speed is great and for that price its really good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

IgsTer wrote:
    and if utv is stil acting up ill definetly be changing

This has to be a first :eek:

This is the only post I have seen from someone threatening to switch to IBB.

Or have I got it wrong?

They have definitely got their act together though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Another one here very happy that they have got their act together.
    Glad to see that hanging on has been worth it very rarely get disconnects on servers now in bf2 (apart from the bugginess of the game).

You yep would defo recommend IBB again been with them 2 years now and had major problems earlier on in the year but they've come good....

Advertisement