Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelic Telecom .... Your views

Options
  • 28-02-2006 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Toward the end of last yeah I signed up with Gaelic Telecom from eircom (never had an ounce of problem with eircom but I moved to assist the local GAA club as they get a % kick back as funding). All was okay until I decided to order Broadband. 1 and a half months after placing the initial order I still had no DSL. According to Gaelic there were issues with the line. When I had this checked out on eircom.net it turned out there were no issues at all with my line (I pre-qualified no problem) and it was just bad service on the part of Gaelic Telecom.
    As I had initially been told that this would only take a couple of weeks, I decided to go back to eircom who informed me that I could have DSL within a week or so. When I called Gaelic Telecom I was greeted by a very rude and obnoxious rep over the phone who proceeded to inform me that my DSL was up and running (it wasnt!). When she eventually agreed that it wasnt she proceeded to tell me how it was my fault for not reporting this earlier and either way I would have to stay for the 6months as per contract.... even though I had been billed for 2months on non-working DSL!!! (I only found thi out recently when I checked the bill) The contract stated that you agree to the terms and conditions by use of service ... well I havent used the service (because I still havent got it) so doesnt that make my contract null and void?

Anyway ... as it stands, I have to persuade Gaelic Telecom to cancel my account before eircom are legally allowed to give me DSL ... So I'm stuck with a cr*p ISP, no DSL and being billed. Has anyone else been hit with this by the amateur company? I rarely make official complaints to companies but with the terrible customer service I have got to date along with the billing for service where there is no service (BTW, I cancelled the DD!) I have no choice!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

they are also known as Imagine should you wish to search for comments on Imagine on this Board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

GaelicTelecom/Imagine are a company all clever people should stay away from!!!!

If you want to support your GAA company then I suggest you actually give them the money personially as the % Gaelic Telecom give them is >tiny< and is just a kickback so the GAA dont sue them for copyright infringement or similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

I friend of mine is having a problem downloading large E-mail attachments.
    Is anybody else out there having similar problems.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DrFunkenstein

I am currently a Gaelic telecom customer. I have overall decent service as far as quality is concerned, but live in a well linked part of the country, so would expect half decent service.

To be continued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

zuma wrote: »
    GaelicTelecom/Imagine are a company all clever people should stay away from!!!!
    Why should "clever people" stay away from them? Also Access telecom and Cinergi telecom are part of that company too (The imagine group). They are one of the cheapest providers around and have very high customer satisfaction ratings. No company is perfect of course and Ive had issues with Imagine myself but the actual problem lies with Eircoms backend systems which imagine have to contend with.
    zuma wrote: »
    If you want to support your GAA company then I suggest you actually give them the money personially as the % Gaelic Telecom give them is >tiny< and is just a kickback so the GAA dont sue them for copyright infringement or similar!

They actually give 15% of your call charges to either a club/county/school of your choice or a combination of the above. Its not a huge amount but I wouldnt describe it as tiny. Nor would I say its just a "kickback so the GAA dont sue them for copyright infringement" considering its an official partnership between the imagine group and the GAA.

• Advertisement

They are one of the cheapest providers around and have very high customer satisfaction ratings.

Says Who ?????? Link ????

Says me! No link Im afraid!

There are no objective customer satisfaction ratings in Ireland.

Comreg will never allow anyone to run something like that for fear of what they would discover was wrong with the Irish Comms industry, and all of it on their watch too :(

Its bad enough Comreg being an unmitigated disaster without the whole world finding out about it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Says me! No link Im afraid!

Then they don't have high satisfaction ratings, you think they have good customer service which is one person or you have a few friends that are also happy so you know a few happy customers with them which is entirely different to a satisfaction rating.

That's a misleading statement. I'm saying they have good or bad customer satisfaction, I just wandered into the thread. /lets himself out

brim4brim wrote: »
    Then they don't have high satisfaction ratings, you think they have good customer service which is one person or you have a few friends that are also happy so you know a few happy customers with them which is entirely different to a satisfaction rating.
    I agree completely, and apologise for making a misleading statement. To qualify: from my experience of the telecoms industry as a whole Imagine/GAA/Access/Cinergi have a high level of satisfaction among their customers, higher than a most other resellers.

My main point was actually that all of these resellers are stuck dealing with subpar systems from Eircom to provision voice and dsl and a lot of the problems arise there. However as you have just switched to this new provider all you see is the new company not dealing with your request in an acceptable/efficient manner.

• Advertisement

I agree completely, and apologise for making a misleading statement. To qualify: from my experience of the telecoms industry as a whole Imagine/GAA/Access/Cinergi have a high level of satisfaction among their customers, higher than a most other resellers.

They are most resellers in one go :p
    My main point was actually that all of these resellers are stuck dealing with subpar systems from Eircom to provision voice and dsl and a lot of the problems arise there.

Had we a regulator in this country ?? :p

Advertisement