Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help!: Alternative way to turn on Nokia 3200?

• 28-02-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

The power button on my gf's 3200 is broken.
    We usually just keep it charged to there's never the need to turn it on using the button.

We were in the US for 10 days so of course the battery died while we were there :(
    Is there another way to get it to switch on?
    I had thought of setting an alarm so it would switch on but it died quite suddenly so didn't get a chance to do this.

The phone is in good condition so it would be a pity if it was a goner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sorry, this happens all the time with these phones. Gotta go into repair I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

She ended up getting a new Nokia 6020.
    Easier and cheaper to upgrade rather then repair the old one.

Anyone fancy an otherwise perfect working 3200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

did you not turn it off for the flight???

is it the purple bit thats missing? and how much you looking for for it? mine is also fudged but still turns on/off. just looking for the purple button (mine fell off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the purple bit.
    The microswitch for the button has come loose from the circuit board I reckon and that's causing the problem.

Make me an offer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

the actual on/off button thats on the top of the phone. its purple, maybe an inch long, a few mm wide... is that bit still available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement