Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much are root canals?

• 28-02-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

typically how much does a root canal cost in dublin? Can claim back on prsi but just wondering what the price range is anyhoo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

from 250 for a front tooth, to 1000 for a molar depending on who does it. prsi covers a portion of it afaik maybe only 70 or 80 euro though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ah. thought you could claim back something like 40-48% on prsi. bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

Scruff wrote:
    ah. thought you could claim back something like 40-48% on prsi. bollox.
    u can get it back 42% at your high rate of whats left after prsi contribution.

nope, i think the amount is 75 euro they contribute, so its the private price minus 75.
    the prsi thingy is a government scam to tell people they are giving u something for dentistry. the reality is they arent giving much otehr than a free exam, and a few quid off procedures. they giving zero towards, ortho, implants, 30 euro of a crown etc. so in other words nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

Got one done about 5 years ago. Lower jaw. The last molar in just in front of where a wisdom tooth would appear.

It cost IR pounds 450 then. Got it done by an endodontist. I genuinely never felt a thing throughout the procedure and never had a problem since.

It involved two visits to the endodontist. Some dentists will do root canals. My nerve root was exposed and was too "vital" for my dentist so he sent me to the endodontist.

When root canal is finished the tooth will need further work from your dentist to complete the renovations. I had to get a crown so you may to factor that additional cost in to your finances.

Advertisement