Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

never had a girlfriend

• 28-02-2006 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

does anyone have any tips for getting a girlfriend? i really fancy his girl in skool but i'm terrible with girls. Its not like i never touched a girl but hugging is the furthest i went, i'm 15 and i've never kissed a girl please please help!!!!
    :mad: :o:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

You're only 15 dude, don't stress it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

does anyone have any tips for getting a girlfriend? i really fancy his girl in skool but i'm terrible with girls. Its not like i never touched a girl but hugging is the furthest i went, i'm 15 and i've never kissed a girl please please help!!!!
    :mad: :o:(

Ah jaysus, now that brings me back!

The only thing I can say to you is be yourself around her and get talking to her! Try not to be all nervous and anxious around her as she will pick up on that!

Make conversation, make her laugh! Don't come accross as being over enthusiastic about her! Women tend not to go for the men they know they can have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daisybaby

yep... true. They dont. But.... she'll only ever make as much of an effort as you do though, so remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You're 15. I can't take this seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

make them laugh and that makes them wanna be around you and then you're sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Laguna wrote:

I have to agree , Yore only 15 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Eminem wrote:
    I have to agree , Yore only 15 .

So what if he is 15???? It doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for this girl and it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in her company!

He is seeking advice because he has never had a girlfriend before! Alot of people get their first girlfriend/boyfriend at that age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

py2006 wrote:
    So what if he is 15???? It doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for this girl and it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in her company!

He is seeking advice because he has never had a girlfriend before! Alot of people get their first girlfriend/boyfriend at that age!

Yeah, but a lot of people also don't, it's not as if there's a grand scheme in life where you get to fifteen and on the third day after your birthday you are assigned a standard issue girlfriend "just like everyone else"...

I didn't have a girlfriend at 15 but I didn't care, then again that's me, obviously it's bothering this guy as he took time out to post it up here, in my opinion more lads than not haven't had girlfriends at 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

py2006 wrote:

I was only saying . :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah seriously don't take the piss out of him just because he's 15! half_life_man just start talking to her about anything, music, what she did at the weekend, take it from there it'll soon become clear if she likes you back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do what I do, make them drink until your handsome. Then take advantage. It's a heck of a gameplan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Laguna wrote:
    well maybe when you were 15 times were different than being 15 now.. a lot of pressure is put on young girls/boys at this age and most people i know have had a girlfriend/boyfriend and they are under 15..

anywhos OP, just be yourself and be sure to make her laugh. go out with a group of friends and start talking to a group of girls and build up a friendship.. or if you like her and you think she likes you you can always get the friends to do the talking!! good luck!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Just hang around the shops and get 1 of your friends to shout over to her "Here young wan will ya meet him" that's what they do around my area anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Repli wrote:
    Just hang around the shops and get 1 of your friends to shout over to her "Here young wan will ya meet him" that's what they do around my area anyway..

Now that brings me back.....

"will ya meeh me maye?"

To the OP, you're still young enough I wouldn't stress over the lack of girlfriend at all, if you like a girl a lot then just get chatting to her, be yourself and whatever you do, don't try too hard to make her like you, she either will or wont like you, best that you're yourself to find out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Laguna wrote:
    Seconded.

Listen, I didn't snog a bird til I was 18.
    Age 11-18 was a nightmare for this stuff, never even so much as put my arm round a bird. Man it was tough.

So, eh, yeah. There ain't much we can really tell ya, apart from the fact that it gets better... When that will be is a matter for conjecture...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Girls are for queers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Go to discos and kiss 20 girls. Your weekends will be full of sore throats for a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Julez - please read the charter. Helpful comments only.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Give the guy a break!
    He's nervous about his first kiss.Which is perfectly understandable.
    Just cause most people have theirs before they're legally allowed sit in the front seat of a car doesn't mean you disregard him!Piss me off why don't you.

Anyway...I know it sounds impossible to do but do try to relax.And don't think about it or it will make your mind race.I always heard this phrase too and thought "ye right" but it really does come naturally.You think you don't have a clue what you would do but once you're in that situation it takes care of itself.So don't be worrying about that.
    If you're just unsure of how to act around her again just be yourself.Make a few jokes and if you see her pick up on them or laugh then go with more of the same.You're still at that age where asking a friend is more common so ask around to see has she said anything about liking you.
    You'll be fine.Trust me.I was you! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭astro

Well my advice to you would be to get your friends to check out the scene and see if any girls in your school like you. I know when i was your age people used to get slagged, some even bullied because they hadnt done anything with a girl. I think its important that you get this experience over and done with to avoid any potential bullying/slagging that you may have to endure in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

astro wrote:
    Well my advice to you would be to get your friends to check out the scene and see if any girls in your school like you. I know when i was your age people used to get slagged, some even bullied because they hadnt done anything with a girl. I think its important that you get this experience over and done with to avoid any potential bullying/slagging that you may have to endure in the future.
    way to put the pressure on him!!

just tellin him how it is, it will help in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

People get bullied/slagged anyway mate. People don't get bullied because of their prowess or lack thereof, or even because of anything for that matter. Bullying is one of the most random things inflicted by man on man - if we knew the reasons for it we'd have been able to stop it by now, dontcha think?

If he takes your suggestion and it goes badly (as it did in my case, first girl I ever asked laughed in my fcuking face) then that'll be him done, confidence-wise. I doubt he'll even fcuking try wit another bird for years after (like me).

Look, just get your head down and get the fcuk out of the death trap that is Secondary School. Girls, and people in general, are a helluva lot nicer and whatnot once ya get passed that stage.

Besides, anyone I know who kissed ppl prior to 16 always complains about how sh*te their first kiss was...:D

I thought about how bad it could be if it went badly, thats why I suggested he gets his friends to find out if anyone liked him. I realize bullying happens to a lot of people but if he does this it can be one less thing that he doesnt have to worry about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it's the first kiss thing that's bothering you, just go to a disco and get a kiss (or 12) there. It's very easy! That way, you get to learn and perfect anonymously. Then maybe that'll help you get some confidence in approaching this girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

If you keep fretting about it it never comes about. Surely you have one of those discos around where you go from kissing virgin to a little bit of a tramp, no matter what you look like or what you're wearing (but no hoodies, I hear they're not popular at the Teenage Disco). Long story short is, though it tends to feel like it, you are not the only person of your age who hasn't kissed anybody. It's just that no one would admit it.

PS: gfs are not, from what I hear, all they're cracked up to be. As a gender, we whine and btich, and expect constant compliments and alot of your time devoted to thinking about us and/or doing stuff for us. Kid, you leave girlfriends for when you can handle being steamrollered and play the Teenage Disco field. Where nice people meet other nice people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see something like "i'm 18 and never had a girlfriend" but 15!? i didn't come anywhere near to having a girlfriend til i was 19 (there was an incident when i was 18 but the less said about that the better).

don't get a girlfriend just for the sake of it. get a girlfriend when you meet a girl you like

and as proletarian said about girlfriends, they can be troublesome. i love my girlfriend, but even at 21 she can occasionally be unreasonable and emotional and demanding. i think that if she was a hormonal 15 year old one of us would be dead by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

when i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see something like "i'm 18 and never had a girlfriend" but 15!? i didn't come anywhere near to having a girlfriend til i was 19 (there was an incident when i was 18 but the less said about that the better).

don't get a girlfriend just for the sake of it. get a girlfriend when you meet a girl you like

and as proletarian said about girlfriends, they can be troublesome. i love my girlfriend, but even at 21 she can occasionally be unreasonable and emotional and demanding. i think that if she was a hormonal 15 year old one of us would be dead by now

Well said commander,
    OP, at 15 i think i knew about 5 girls, and 4 of them were cousins. I thought i was a freak cos guys in school had girlfriends. had my first kiss at 18, and now i find myself in a relationship with a fantastic woman. Most of the guys who were at it at 15 that i've seen since are sleazy miserable gits anyway. Don't rush it, More men than you know had their first kiss late in their teens. Its no big deal. BTW, your peers might brag about how many girls they've had, but in 99% of cases, its bull. Relax man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

youre not that bad, sure i didnt kiss a girl till i was 18, so its different for everyone through all walks of life. You just have to build up confidence, even just a little, find common intrests that you and the girl like (maybe theres bands names written on her schoolbag, you see her listening to a certain cd, shes talking with her friends about going to Oxegen or something) and you start chatting. It can happen any which way, and im sure youll be just fine once the inital ice is broken.

• Advertisement
Advertisement