Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Results!!

Options
  • 28-02-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Since I tried using the hints(ended up either way I didnt really need them bar Irish paper2) I thought I'd make a thread on how I got on, I got 2 results back.
    The Maths which I thought I failed I got 52 and in Geography I got 60% which isnt too bad since our teacher didnt cover a whole section with us. Hopefully the rest go a bit better though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I probably won't get mine back for a few more weeks. For some reason my school is always really slow getting back the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I'm pretty pissed off with my results so far. I'v eonly got back English. 54%! Hoping for a B in the real thing. I may fail Irish. I am hoping to get a B in everything else though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

So far I've got 82% in honours geography, 50% in Honours Maths, 78% in honours French and 80% in ordinary Irish. I only have English, Acoounting and History yet to get back so i'm pretty pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

NADA wrote:
    I'm pretty pissed off with my results so far. I'v eonly got back English. 54%! Hoping for a B in the real thing. I may fail Irish. I am hoping to get a B in everything else though!
    Not looking forward to getting my English back, wrote a rubbish story, and felt sick through paper 2. Bah. Ah sure tis only the mocks.

Elsewhere got B3 in French <HL> and B1 in Art History <HL>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

i haven't even started my pre's yet. their not till the 8th
    i only started studying today :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

My mocks were a complete and utter disaster, I'd rather not get the results back to be perfectly honest.

I'm also moderately sure I have failed Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

yeah biology was marked super hard-only exact word for word definitions were given any marks-got a c2 though so at least i didnt fail.
    otherwise i was pleasantly suprised with my results (all higher cept maths)
    irish c1
    english b1
    geog b3
    art b3
    french b3
    biology c2
    maths c3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

so far...

english A1
    chem B1
    Homec B2
    Business A2
    Irish B1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

so far...

english A1
    chem B1
    Homec B2
    Business A2
    Irish B1
    Somebody's going to college.

Somebody's going to college.
    that's the plan! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Good work AberC, keep it up. I'll expect a good french result, alright? :D

Daddio wrote:
    Good work AberC, keep it up. I'll expect a good french result, alright? :D
    omg wouldn't it be funny if i failed...omg i'd NEVER live it down!! how embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

omg wouldn't it be funny if i failed...omg i'd NEVER live it down!! how embarrassing!
    If you think thats bad, there are two french lads in my school and they have lived here since they were in 1st year. I heard one of them got a C in his christmas test, i wonder how he will do in the mocks. Anyway I bet you could live it down after hearing that.

caesar wrote:
    If you think thats bad, there are two french lads in my school and they have lived here since they were in 1st year. I heard one of them got a C in his christmas test, i wonder how he will do in the mocks. Anyway I bet you could live it down after hearing that.
    ah no are you serious?! the poor guy!!

ah no are you serious?! the poor guy!!
    Well if the story cheered you up, then i am serious. If you really want to know i can find out friday if its true. I can't find out tomorrow cos i've school cos of the snow :D I love snow

let's all move to mayo and have a snow day!!!! yeah try and find out...omg i'm getting nervous now...i never in a million years thought that something like that could happen!!

let's all move to mayo and have a snow day!!!! yeah try and find out...omg i'm getting nervous now...i never in a million years thought that something like that could happen!!
    The point of the story was to make you feel better if you do bad not to make you nervous. Yeah good idea, you can all move to Mayo, we are short of people you know.

yeah..but i'm a fluent french speaker too! haha .. that's the point of my..point!!! anyways, hopefully getting my french back tomorrow so I'll let everyone know how i get on!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just got my first mock result back, 83% in Higher Biology. I'd be happy with that in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'm dreading my results! I found the geog pretty hard.. Maths, I dunno what happened to me! Physics, didn't do much study (same for maths and geog really). Think I did good in english, alright in history, and might have just scraped a pass in irish, although it's doubtful, seeing as I skipped paper 2 to study for paper 1 (p2 came first.. )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

grimloch wrote:
    My mocks were a complete and utter disaster, I'd rather not get the results back to be perfectly honest.

Yeah me too, Def failed Business and I am bound 2 fail 1 or 2 more! Got no results back yet tho

got my A1 in french!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

got my A1 in french!! :D

jasus, someones been studying!

no pressure for the real deal now, you'll just have to get 7 A1's :D

smemon wrote:
    jasus, someones been studying!

no pressure for the real deal now, you'll just have to get 7 A1's :D
    not exactly...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

not exactly...!!

youve got 540 points in the pre's!!! ya must be doing something right :D

fair play to ya, i could never sit down and focus on every subject and get a's and b's in them all. how many points do ya need by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

Ive only got honours maths back so far. Not that happy with it, ive an awful lot of work to do for it, i need a C3 in the real thing at least, i got 33% :(

i need 520

No i just think that everything that i wanted came up. it wasn't a matter of studying, more of just trying to recall what i learned in class - i was lucky with the mocks is all. Those grades could just as easily be D's (except for french :)) if totally different questions came up...i realise that now so gonna start hitting the books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Results are starting to come in in my school, got two and a half so far:
    Biology B2
    Geography B1
    Maths paper one (ord) C3

Delighted with Biology and Geography! Maths... ah, well, it's only maths!

Hoping for an A in English tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Christ ye are all doing really well!
    I'm mostly expecting Cs and Ds and a big fat F in Irish is garaunteed!
    Fair play to ye all, but remember tis only the mocks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

All I've gotten back so far is German. I got a B3. I thought it was pretty good, I made a complete mess of the tape and oral so hopefully I can improve those before the real thing.

Advertisement