Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Results!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im waiting on my irish 2, and music practicla result, but taking my other 6 subjects im on 445.
    hopefully with either/both of those ^ results i'll go up about 15 points maybe.

i need about 455/460, so hopefully all will work out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Jesus.. all of you are fairly smart..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Dean820 wrote:
    Jesus.. all of you are fairly smart..

i know ya im only in 5th so wont be doing mocks till next year but im still afraid of putting my results because im no genius lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Theres seems to be a lot of brains on these boards all right! Good for the motivation though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

so far, 325 out of 5 subjects, still to get geog back so i reckon 385min, which is what my target was, 385-400. happy days.

so far my plan is working well. do nothing at weekends only bare minimun written work, cram, bluff and just keep writing in tests.

i also let on ive fail everyting and im useless at skool, dont have a clue in subjects etc so as to lower the bar in my classes. that makes everyone feel more relaxed and comfortable so they ease off the work, whilst i put the foot down in june and take them out of it right on the finish line. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

smemon wrote:

i also let on ive fail everyting and im useless at skool, dont have a clue in subjects etc so as to lower the bar in my classes. that makes everyone feel more relaxed and comfortable so they ease off the work, whilst i put the foot down in june and take them out of it right on the finish line. :D

Are you going for RD075? Evil mastermind studies? :D

Gazza22 wrote:
    Are you going for RD075? Evil mastermind studies? :D

sounds interesting, might change my mind! im doing computers in dkit, need a staggering 80 points to get in :D i just need to turn up for the leaving and ive got that.

back to my plan, it's the best way to maximise my results without actually studying. if i can stop 1 or 2 people studying or putting in less effort, that means ive a better chance of getting higher marks and also beating them on overall points.

i gladly gave them tips in the pre's, and often let them borrow hw, tell them good sites for free essays etc.... because at the end of the day im the one that's benefiting, little do they know. plus i get loads of credit and respect so i cant lose.

ingenius i think you'll agree ;)

470 in total for me, woooo.

(about 250 more than i deserve...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

310 so far, 4 back and 3 more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Got all mine back.

Irish: C2 (60%)
    English: B2 (75%)
    Maths (OL) D1 (52%)
    French: C2 (62%)
    Business: C3 (55%)
    Economics: C1
    Geography: C2 60%
    Overall 405. Hoping for about 450 so I'm happy!

• Advertisement

400 bang on! :D go me. and all i did was cram the night before each exam.

3 hrs study every night? :rolleyes: yeah right. if i did that i'd get 600 points no bother.

smemon wrote:
    3 hrs study every night? :rolleyes: yeah right. if i did that i'd get 600 points no bother.

youre so precocious and pretentious it actually makes me laugh

Rockerette wrote:
    youre so precocious and pretentious it actually makes me laugh

whats the point in being modest? it doesnt get you more points or help anyone. i'll say what i want and call things as i see them.

go me, i'll ace my leaving cert without doing anything ;)
    i anialated the pre's cramming, so imagine what i'll do once i have 3/4 weeks of preparation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

smemon wrote:
    whats the point in being modest? it doesnt get you more points or help anyone. i'll say what i want and call things as i see them.

i anialated the pre's cramming, so imagine what i'll do once i have 3/4 weeks of preparation.
    Humility is a great thing.

smemon wrote:

i usually never do this... its really not my style... but...

you got 400 points based on cramming? big deal.
    i got 470 based on cramming...

maybe you're not as smart as you liek to think. hhmmmm. ;)

and maybe.. just maybe.... you could realise you dont have to act like a preconsious **** on here..
    the amount of comments you have made on here which clearly demonstrate that you think yourself superior to everyone else.

you like to think you are... but do many people on here actually appreciate your comments?
    or like you because of your attitude?

well...

i dont think i need to spell out the answer.... :rolleyes:

you might say "well i dont give a damn what you guys think.. you dont know me... blah blah blah..."
    but if you act like that on here, im glad i dont know you as i dont see why you'd act any differently anywhere else...

i love how im so bored tonight im actually bothering to respond :cool:
    man im hip.

back on topic - are most of everryones friends getting what they need?
    hardly any of mine are.. and theyre a good bit off..
    hopefully twill all work out for them

Rockerette wrote:
    you got 400 points based on cramming? big deal.
    i got 470 based on cramming...

you think yourself superior to everyone else.

you like to think you are...

what im saying is you dont have to study to do well (or above average). imo, it's not worth the time or effort, unless you need 500-600 points.

i am the chosen one....:p im great, go me :rolleyes: i'd never praise myself openly unless it had a sinister double meaning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

smemon wrote:
    400 bang on! :D go me. and all i did was cram the night before each exam.

Not definitely true. The gap between 500 and 600 I'd say is more difficult than the other gaps. Squeezing out those last few points in every subject is gonna take some doing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yeh smemon why do you think your so great? I did the same as you and I came out better! Aoibheann I agree with you! Its not so hard to get over 400. So far Ive gotten the followin bak:
    Math paper 1 - 62% (H)(have to paper 2 on tue)
    Biology - 84% (piss easy paper studied d morning of d exam not bein cocky jus provin a point to smemon)
    Chemistry - 70% (so happy with dis one :D but sadly it wz an easy paper too so i jus fluked it!)
    Irish 60% (H) (we had just finished an trial two days before the mock - the poems nor pros were luked at in depht)
    English paper one B3 (really pissed of about this one up to the mock I was gettin an A1/A2 in paper one!) still waiting on paper two
    If you add that up its 365 still waiting on german and I expect a B1/A2
    hope fully ill get 450 in total, not pleased at all but then again I deserved the grades seeing as I really should of studied harder!I need about 560 in the real thing!Hopefully I can do it!!do u think its possible?lol!
    Oh I never did the history mock!So in the real thing id say id get a b1/A2 in history which will help me loads if i do **** in irish or maths!but hopefully ill do well in all of them!ahh!stress is seriously getting to me today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Smemon, 400 is pretty average for a brain like yourself, you obviously just don't have the character.

Smemon, 400 is pretty average for a brain like yourself, you obviously just don't have the character.

its not average for public school ;) considering the average in the real leaving last year was ~330 in my school, its not too bad (400-in the pre's).

i guarantee all of you have done more work than me. hell it's reflected in your grades. you can't get a's by bluffing, whatever about b's.

:cool: relax people. chill out.... zen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Not definitely true. The gap between 500 and 600 I'd say is more difficult than the other gaps. Squeezing out those last few points in every subject is gonna take some doing..

This is true: you just have to glance at the results each year to see that. Majority C's, quite a lot of B's, few A's.

smemon wrote:
    i guarantee all of you have done more work than me. hell it's reflected in your grades. you can't get a's by bluffing, whatever about b's.

well i didnt actually get any As... apart from Ord maths, which i didnt use for points..

so what, just cos we got higher than you, you think that we "must" have put in more work?
    heaven forbid we might just be able to pull off cramming better than you?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

I've got all my results back bar 1 (business)
    They Are:
    English HL c1
    Irish OL D1
    Maths HL d1
    Geo HL B2
    Accounting HL a1
    German Hl c2
    App Maths hl d3

http://theconvoyseptictank.blogspot.com

Rockerette wrote:
    think that we "must" have put in more work? heaven forbid we might just be able to pull off cramming better than you?! ;)

i never said you couldn't. well the fact that quite a few people got a's tells me theres a high workrate there and it's probably deserved as you can't get an 'a' bluffing.

even a 'b' is pushing it bluffing, certainly in the pre's. you's were probably marked easier than me anyway. (that's a JOKE) as in :p:p:p

oh smemon i wonder if we will ever overcome our differences in opinion see eye to eye on anything...

probably not.... ;)

ah well..

a bit of heated debate ads some spark i guess :D

Rockerette wrote:
    oh smemon i wonder if we will ever overcome our differences in opinion see eye to eye on anything...

probably not.... ;)

ah well..

a bit of heated debate ads some spark i guess :D

ah i always new you had a soft spot for me rockerette. your just a big softie at heart! :D ......so i suppose this is where we kiss and make out, i mean up :p

careful now!

no... im just giving you the benefit of the doubt that you cant be THAT much of a prat underneath....

altho i thoguht that before, and you just keep going on and proving me wrong.... :D

plus i hate fighting with people.
    sounds silly i know... but meh...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wonderprop

Well lads,
    Only a few back yet:
    Irish 74
    Maths 74
    Physics: 63
    History 92
    All Higher.
    French, Biz and English to come back but I made a mess of english p.1

any thoughts