Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Results!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sal121

Ive got 5 so far, not too bad but i could have done far better:

Maths (h) 87%
    english (h) 76%
    business (h) 88%
    physics (h) 85%
    economics (h) 71%

any1 done an applied maths mock exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Yeah, I've done an Applied Maths mock, 84%. It was a difficult enough paper in parts so that's better than I thought. I'm happy enough relative to the study I did, but I wouldn't be happy with anything but an A1 in June - it's a beauty of a subject, in my opinion.

The record in my school is apparently from 32% in the mocks to an A1 in the LC, so I'm reasonably confident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Yeah, I've done an Applied Maths mock, 84%. It was a difficult enough paper in parts so that's better than I thought. I'm happy enough relative to the study I did, but I wouldn't be happy with anything but an A1 in June - it's a beauty of a subject, in my opinion.

The record in my school is apparently from 32% in the mocks to an A1 in the LC, so I'm reasonably confident!

Wow that jump is incredible! Just shows what can be done in 12 weeks!
    English - A2
    Maths - A1
    Irish - B2
    French - A2
    Accounting - A1
    Physics - B1
    Chemistry - B3
    I would be pretty pleased if I got 545 in the actual exam! Although I'm a little pissed off with English!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Faerie wrote:
    English - A2

I'm a little pissed off with English

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

Wow... I really suck compared to u all...

had a A1 in German (HL)
    B3 English (OL)
    D1 Maths (HL)
    B3 Biology (HL)
    B2 Business (HL)
    C2 History (HL)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

English 82%
    History 76%
    Geography 85%
    Biology 85%
    Chemistry 68%
    Business 86%
    Economics 85%

Im repeating and have already done irish, maths and a language.

Got 525 points- im happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

dr.barbie wrote:
    English 82%
    History 76%
    Geography 85%
    Biology 85%
    Chemistry 68%
    Business 86%
    Economics 85%

Im repeating and have already done irish, maths and a language.

Got 525 points- im happy!
    well done! that's absolutely amazing! i'm so proud of you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

got them all back now. 455 overall.

well done! that's absolutely amazing! i'm so proud of you :D

aww shucks:o

we're on our way aber! :)x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I got 435 (hangs head in shame :() I was expecting at least over 450 - I only did six subjects - i didnt do the history mock....plus in irish we were barely prepared to do d mock and i scraped a c2 (honours) ahh im so dissapointed! I need like 560 I really don't think I can do it now :(

• Advertisement

d4gurl wrote:
    I got 435 (hangs head in shame :() I was expecting at least over 450 - I only did six subjects - i didnt do the history mock....plus in irish we were barely prepared to do d mock and i scraped a c2 (honours) ahh im so dissapointed! I need like 560 I really don't think I can do it now :(

chill out d4gurl. the mocks were marked by someone like myself who couldnt give a $"*k about what mark ya got or how well ya do. "hmmm, i dont like that writing, c2."

thats basically it. chin up, collar up, chest out. get into that exam hall in june and turn on the nitro's. clear your mind of the pre's NOW. you wanna get 560, those pre's gotta be in the recycle bin and deleted come june.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Why does everyone call them pre's? Never heard that before this thread was created. I thought they were just mocks. Ah well :(

smemon wrote:
    chill out d4gurl. the mocks were marked by someone like myself who couldnt give a $"*k about what mark ya got or how well ya do. "hmmm, i dont like that writing, c2."

thats basically it. chin up, collar up, chest out. get into that exam hall in june and turn on the nitro's. clear your mind of the pre's NOW. you wanna get 560, those pre's gotta be in the recycle bin and deleted come june.

aww that was very sweet smemon - I am shocked! only joking! Thanks for the pep talk :D Oh and I know who corrected my irish paper lol so it was fairly marked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

a girl in my year calls them pres and it annoys the hell out of me.

fair enough if everyone calls them pres, but we all, students and teachers, call them MOCKS.

yet she says pres with the worst imitation southside accent ever.

and no. shes not from there...

gah.

sorry. stupid pointless rant over :rolleyes:

call them mocks woman.

d4gurl wrote:
    aww that was very sweet smemon

ah come on now... im spoken for ;)

as for mocks rockerette, they're pre's.
    Pre-leaving certificate examination. mocks is a more slang, ugly, man on the street word.
    "pre's" is a more, proper, sophisticated anglo-irish word.

pre-packed lunch, pre-tend, pre-sent, pre-pare, pre's.
    mock....erm.....mocks. we don't use the word 'mocks' so kindly dispose of it in the nearest bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

That's strange, everyone in my school calls them pres. Noone really calls them mocks. Maybe it's a limerick thing.

smemon wrote:
    ah come on now... im spoken for ;)

as for mocks rockerette, they're pre's.
    Pre-leaving certificate examination. mocks is a more slang, ugly, man on the street word.
    "pre's" is a more, proper, sophisticated anglo-irish word.

pre-packed lunch, pre-tend, pre-sent, pre-pare, pre's.
    mock....erm.....mocks. we don't use the word 'mocks' so kindly dispose of it in the nearest bin.

well my dear friend smemon, in my part of the world, theyre mocks :rolleyes:

mock.
    not real.

my rant wasnt about them being called pres.. it was moreso a cover to bitch about the girl i dont like :D

Rockerette wrote:
    my rant wasnt about them being called pres.. it was moreso a cover to bitch about the girl i dont like :D

name and shame her!! yeah, mock is used in the north. down here in ireland, the real irish call them the pre's. :p

maybe in dublin they call them the mocks, to be different or something. mocks imo, is seen as a 'cooler' word to use rather than pre's. peer pressure might play a part too. rockerette, youve cracked under peer pressure, go with your heart, it's 'pre's' my dear friend.

most dubs call it mocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Calling them pres is just crap. Full stop. Argument ended. Im right. You're all ****ing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    most dubs call it mocks!
    that's true! also from my travels, i've found out that most people who live in Wicklow, Wexford and...Galway call them mocks too! Places like Limerick, Tipperary, Clare, Cork and Waterford call them pres

No idea about the rest of the country though :)

smemon wrote:
    name and shame her!! yeah, mock is used in the north. down here in ireland, the real irish call them the pre's. :p

you have no idea where im from!

or do you...?!

you mad stalker yolk :rolleyes:

Rockerette wrote:
    you have no idea where im from!

or do you...?!

you mad stalker yolk :rolleyes:

the pale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

but i failed irish and french

no college for me

everyone in cork calls them pres, I remember years ago asking a girl how the mocks were goin and she thought I was the biggest loser in the world-apparently its very uncool to call them mocks in cork/waterford! I still call them by both names though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Haha ''mocks'' :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Are you people still talking about the pres? You'll all have just gotten over the orals when you're doing you english exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

My pre's don't start till monday

Advertisement