Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Braodband for below average budget?

• 28-02-2006 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i just wondered, i live in dublin CC, and am looking for a basic 1mb broadband at the lowest price both per month and overall ( Installation etc )
    Anyone researched this or could tell me your ideas on who is best for very basic broadband? Only thing i ask is that there be no limits on use ie hours.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Do you have a phone line?
    Cheapest DSL (over phone line) would be BT @ €20p/m or €35 incl. line rental for 1mb always on.
    Have a read of this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894395

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

avoid bt broadband at all costs...
    they are terrible and dont give a **** about
    customers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

avoid bt broadband at all costs...
    they are terrible and dont give a **** about
    customers.

Yes indeed the original poster mentioned they were on a restricted budget - there might be no budget at all left with a few of bt 'system errors'

Seriously though I think it is irresponsible to recommend BT without the qualification that their accounts department is extremely iffy.

Surely the best deal is Smart if they are available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dub45 wrote:
    Yes indeed the original poster mentioned they were on a restricted budget - there might be no budget at all left with a few of bt 'system errors'

Seriously though I think it is irresponsible to recommend BT without the qualification that their accounts department is extremely iffy.

Surely the best deal is Smart if they are available?
    Not for me though:) . I think I'll have to put that qualification in my sig Dub. I honestly have no problem recomending though as they've been faultless with me and a good few I know.
    Seeing as he only wants basic 1mb BB and is on a limited budget I thought a shorter contract period and quicker setup would be more suited. Thats why I didn't mention Smart but directed him to the other thread.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote:
    Not for me though:) . I think I'll have to put that qualification in my sig Dub. I honestly have no problem recomending though as they've been faultless with me and a good few I know.
    Seeing as he only wants basic 1mb BB and is on a limited budget I thought a shorter contract period and quicker setup would be more suited. Thats why I didn't mention Smart but directed him to the other thread.

But given that we all know how bad they and how bad they have been for so long and what people have to go through to get their money back - and that even the current month bills have been wrong yet again I really dont know how anyone can recommend them.

I would not like to recommend such a company to anyone with the potental there is for a f**k up. As I have posted elsewhere I met two people in the last month who tell me they paid BT money simply to get debt collectors off their backs. Both were convinced that they did not owe the money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement