Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOTC Venting

Options
  • 01-03-2006 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I've just spent the best part of an hour fighting Colossus 14. I finally had him, finally got to the stage where I could bring down his health, after a long hard battle, when suddenly he knocks me down. Then, as I stand up, he knocks me down again. And again and again. And then I'm dead. That's enough of that game for one night!

AGGHHHHHHH

I love the game but thats the closest I've felt to throwing a joypad at the TV in a long time.

*deep breaths*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dont know if you know this but there is a way to make you health and grip gauges bigger. i spent two hours today on a trip around the map looking for the places. if you wish to find it out on your own dont read the spoiler..
    youll notice there arent many trees around the land that have leaves. whenever you see them go to them, the bigger ones, and have a look at the braches. you will see fruit there. not much on each tree but some. shoot em down with you arrows and unequip your weapon. pick it up by pressing O and your health gauge will raise slightly. i have a gauge that goes more than half the way across my tv screen :D but as i said i did it for two hours. to improve your grip gauge go to the save shrines and there are little lizards there. there will be one with a white tail at each shrine. shoot it with an arroow or hit it with your sword. the tail will be left. eat it and your gauge will grow slightly. i have found one white tail that wasnt at a shrine but cant remember where. there ya go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

SPOILER MAP

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/shadow_of_the_colossus_map.png

shows location of lizards, trees, save & colossus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

maybe im just '31337' but i completed 14 on my first try without him even touching me. Number 12 tho, (i think) the bull one, now he was a wanker, kept knocking me down all the time, pretty irritating colossus that one. I wasnt a big fan of the 'mini' colossi tho, the bull one and the dog one. Probably the 2 weakest colossi IMO

maybe im just '31337' but i completed 14 on my first try without him even touching me. Number 12 tho, (i think) the bull one, now he was a wanker, kept knocking me down all the time, pretty irritating colossus that one. I wasnt a big fan of the 'mini' colossi tho, the bull one and the dog one. Probably the 2 weakest colossi IMO
    1337 n07 31337 u n008

:D

madrab wrote:
    1337 n07 31337 u n008

:D

57F¦_¦ N008! :D

• Advertisement

1337.jpg

i have been reading arund some sites with cheats on em for it and it says when you defeat a colossus your health bar gets bigger. does this actually happen cause i havnt noticed it. and somethin about climbing up to the top of the temple.? maybe its just the ntsc version?

no only fruit & lizards increase health & grip & only with this increased can u get to the top of the temple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'l agree with that, didn't like either of them, although I did kill the first one first time but they feel more like a typical boss from some lesser game than a Colossus, I will take care of 14 tonight though because I'm sure the last two Colossi will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Strangely enough the two small colossi were my favourites. I liked having to use the environments to a greater extent.

I must got lizard hunting. I hope it doesn't take too much tedium to get enough grip for that climb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

16th colossi is easily the most frustrating which is a bit of a shame. Wasn't too fond of the first mini colossi but the second one was excellent.

I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to kill the last one but to no avail. i swear i could scream.
    I keep falling off his fúckin second hand to try get onto his top half to get to his head
    . im so pissed off. gonna relax and get some superquinn sausies into me before the next try.

the two small ones were pretty cool. i died on the second one once and got him the second time. firrst one was easy though.

the second last one was amazing imo. but the 3rd one was the best tbh.

Strangely enough the two small colossi were my favourites. I liked having to use the environments to a greater extent.

I must got lizard hunting. I hope it doesn't take too much tedium to get enough grip for that climb.

what does "that climb" do for you anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the second last one was amazing imo. but the 3rd one was the best tbh.

3rd one is still my favourite to date! I also liked 12 & 13. 2nd last one is next for me :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I have just spent the last hour and a half trying to kill the last one but to no avail. i swear i could scream.
    I keep falling off his fúckin second hand to try get onto his top half to get to his head

Spoiling how to do it:
    shoot him in the shoulder when you are on his second hand.

The climb brings you to the places that are seen in the intro and ending so it's best not to try and get there until you have finished the game.

My favourite colossus was the flying one in the desert.

Retr0gamer wrote:

My favourite colossus was the flying one in the desert.

Definitely the best one :D

My favourites were 3, 5, 9, 13, 15
    Playing on hard i thought alot of the colossi provided a better challenge and were alot more fun, number 6 in particular.

finished it a bit ago. killed him on my own anyway. great ending too!!!

Advertisement