Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting new gauge?

Options
  • 01-03-2006 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I want to fit a VDO oil pressure gauge and plan on getting the VDO dual sender: terminal for new gauge and the existing 'idiot light' - in one.

They don't do this in the thread type that I need so anyone know where I'd get an adapter for it: 1/8" BSP (car) to 1/8" NPT (VDO sender).

Been checking the net but can't get them: i.e. I need 1/8"BSP male 1/8"NPT female adapter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

The trouble with these is that NPT is a bolt thread, not a plumbing/oil thread. I've come across this issue many times as i work part time in an engineering suppliers. The last time i saw one of those gauges it had an adaptor to 1/4BSP with it, then its a matter of using GB or Brass fittings. AFAIK the NPT thread is tapered too so it will self seal, no need for tape. It will tighten about 1/2 turn in 1/8BSP, but i don't know if it will do. Try high performance parts supplier in case they have an adaptor handy.

Advertisement