Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best way to travel balbriggan to belfast daily for 3 weeks

• 01-03-2006 12:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well it says it in the title....

If i need to be there for 9am im on my own, in the car.

If they allow me to be there for 10am i could scrape it by getting to drogheda first and then rail to Belfast on the intercity.

dunno bout buses, they arent very reliable if there are traffic delays etc, but then again so will the same rule apply to car travel, but again i make my own departure times if i drive. I assume a 2hr travel time from balbriggan to belfast, so would leave around 6am to be sure.

Any advice, or indeed does anyone else here commute this route or anything like it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Aircoach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

As you've noticed, the train and bus options are scarce (train arrives 21:45, bus arrives 21:30).

What about a cheap B&B to stay there during the week? You'd get a good bit of sleep and it would be less stressful. I realise that from a pure monetary perspective it doesn't make sense but if you put a value on your commute time it looks better (4hr x hourly rate is prob around cost of B&B).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

6am Bus Eireann from Dublin arrives in Belfast at 08.30, you'd have to get to Dublin Airport or Dundalk to catch it though.

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/local/100north.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think stay in or near Belfast. There are roadworks on the M1 at the moment and it was down to one lane (each way?) this morning.

Advertisement