Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elan!

Options
  • 01-03-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I dunno what to do, should I hold or sell before Friday? Advice anyone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭x.x.x

hold

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

they seem to be dropping quite a bit lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

yeah i've noticed!:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Notorious BIG

Analyst: Ian Hunter
    Elan and Biogen Idec's share prices fell yesterday as Teva circulated copies of a paper that University of Texas researchers propose to present at this year's American Academy of Neurology meeting in April, that claims to show that Tysabri can deplete immune-system cells as much as HIV. The manuscript has been submitted to a scientific journal but has not yet been accepted. No data are yet available as to: (i) which patient population this refers to; (ii) over what period of time the immuno-suppression was recorded; (iii) what percentage of the patients showed that strong degree of immuno-suppression; and (iv) how the depletion compares to other like-action drugs. As the action of Tysabri is, by nature, immuno-suppresive, some degree of depletion in immune system cells would be expected. Indeed, the effect of the drug on the immune system will have been one of the main factors studied in depth during the extensive safety review carried out on the 3,000 patients formerly on Tysabri and will be addressed during the Advisory Committee meeting. We remain comfortable that the drug will return to the market as more than just a second line treatment.

Hold or even increase. Dont sell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

might as well throw a dart at a dartboard, no one knows. shares in these sorts of companies seem to have more downside than upside as the management rape the company. id stick with aib, boi, and crh if i was you, great p/e on the banks, money in the bank (literally)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Oh i dunno, it's a gamble but people i know involved in Elan are holding out...it has grown on them.

Thanks for the replys lads! My nerve is about to crack with the pressure, might just take a holiday:-)

I bought in at 2.40 so hopefully i'll make a profit either way, fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys i have 5000 to invest should i buy them? what do you guys think
    killeoin if you bought the shares at 2.40 you have made nealy 7-8 euro profit, thats loads per share:D
    i wouldnot mind that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Well don't be rash, i'd say study Elan more before you invest a sum like that.

Maybe even stick to the old reliables (banks and the like) unless your willing to take a gamble which is always fun on shares (if the gamble comes out in your favour that is! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Have to say hold on this one. The approval by the FDA to relaunch Tysarb is nearly a done deal meaning that the price should go up in March. That said the company has had a tough time in recent years.

I'll hang on to mine just because I am making the usual mistake of being loyal to a company I rate.

• Advertisement

killeoin wrote:
    Thanks for the replys lads! My nerve is about to crack with the pressure, might just take a holiday:-)

I bought in at 2.40 so hopefully i'll make a profit either way, fingers crossed!

you bought em at 2.40, good stuff!

if it was me, i'd take the money and run, but, if you're a gambling man.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TabulaRasa22

Definetely time to take what you have and get out, but then again, if you're taking advice on your stocks from anonymous strangers on the internet, I think you have a few bigger problems... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I know...but the decisions out tomorrow isn't it? (the 7th I think?)

Hold on to your seats lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Whats going on? There up 70 cent today! Are they trading still?

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0308/elan.html

Guess I was right to hold.....ummm.....5000 shares bought at 2.40 = A nice summer holiday for me!:-)

thats a great deal, if you held onto them, i should have bought them even at 4 when i was going to buy thm.:mad: anyway hopefully will make money sometime in life

drdre wrote:
    thats a great deal, if you held onto them, i should have bought them even at 4 when i was going to buy thm.:mad: anyway hopefully will make money sometime in life

I'm planning on selling now tomorrow and be done with them.

You know what, i'd say Elan will prob tumble again in the next year or two (the last time wasn't the first time it happened) something else is bound to happen with them. Go for them then!:)

• Advertisement

killeoin,thats what im waiting for it will defo tumble at some stage and then i will buy them and not be greedy and just sell them when i make some profit.
    anyway goodluck with your sale tommorrow. i think many people will be selling tommorrow.

killeoin donot sell yet, shares are gone to 13.70 at the moment.id say hold on until next week.make abit more profit:D

drdre wrote:
    killeoin donot sell yet, shares are gone to 13.70 at the moment.id say hold on until next week.make abit more profit:D

I know whs thinking the same thing....There were trading at 12.98 a few weeks ago so this "24% increase" is really due to the price slipping in recent weeks on foot of this annoncement. Kinda disappointed to be honest:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

killeoin wrote:
    I know whs thinking the same thing....There were trading at 12.98 a few weeks ago so this "24% increase" is really due to the price slipping in recent weeks on foot of this annoncement. Kinda disappointed to be honest:(

There's a further confirmation due on the 29th of March from the FDA on Tysabri, which it's believed they will confirm that it can be returned to the Market. Might be worth holding on to them until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Did any of you Elan owners also buy its' Tysabri partner Biogen (BIIB)? Looks like it is on its way back to $60+.... one to watch.

Advertisement