Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freecycle group for Cork

Options
  • 01-03-2006 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hola

I've managed, finally, to get a Freecycle group started for Cork.

Join here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecyclecork/

The main purpose is to stop stuff you don't want from going into landfill, especially since there might be someone who'll take it off your hands.

There are only two restrictions:

1. You must be giving things away. No for-sale items are allowed
    2. The offer can't be for things which are for adults only, or things which are illegal to own or transfer.

This works very well in about 500 other places already so I figured we should have one here as well.

See you there, I hope.

JH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Whats the difference between Freecycle and Jumbletown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

This sounds really good. I have given a few things away on Jumbletown, the one thing I found bad with it is that everyone wants something and not alot of people are given things away. Plus this is cork based so less hassle...well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Thought this was going to be about parkour on bikes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A four year old thread bumped. I like it. :D

I have signed up for Freecycle a couple of months ago, and the daily newsletter is handy. Never found anything though, nor have I offered anything.
    Might have a look in my shed later and see if there' anything I can give away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 carotobin

I kinow this is a very old thread but I'm really interested in the whole 'freecycle ' thing and I'm not having any luck with info on it in South West Cork....has anyone out there got any info on it...I'd really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carotobin

Does anyone have any info on freecycling items in Cork. I'm way down in the south west of cork and i'm really into recycling everything really. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Someone should bump this thread every 4 years. Make it a tradition.

Advertisement