Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lvl60 Rogues

Options
  • 01-03-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Are these the weakest lvl60's or what?

I was in Altarec Valley and as soon as i went near anyone, mt 3k health was gone and i was dead! Couldn't even put up a fight!.

I have the Krol Blade in mainhand and barman shanker in offhand.
    I have 5/8 Shadowcraft gear and i only have about 3082 health.

I can't grind money in Tyrs Hand in EPL as i can't even take down 1 of the guards there even using all specials.

I can't get into a good guild to get epic armor as i don't already have epic armor... go figure...

Anyway, i just want to use this rogue to supposrt the lvling and monitary needs of my Warlock, but how do i get some decent gear to be able to solo stuff??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Youre talking about the 60 rogue you got given? A friend of mine gave me his 60 rogue because he was sick of playing as one, for the simple reason that he died too easily. I saw him play Alterac Valley, and he would stealth, kill someone, and immediately be taken out by someone else. Usually 2 or 3 hits and he was a gonner.

He said that 60 rogues were okay at the start, but they have been continuously nerfed over the last year. They should be due a rogue revamp IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Youre talking about the 60 rogue you got given? A friend of mine gave me his 60 rogue because he was sick of playing as one, for the simple reason that he died too easily. I saw him play Alterac Valley, and he would stealth, kill someone, and immediately be taken out by someone else. Usually 2 or 3 hits and he was a gonner.

He said that 60 rogues were okay at the start, but they have been continuously nerfed over the last year. They should be due a rogue revamp IMO.

Yup, Like there was a group of 4 lvl60 horde attacking IF, i went down with a couple of paladins to help, i came out of stealth and Gouged 1 of them and started hitting another one. Because Rogues have so few hit points i was 3 shotted.

Not even enough time to get healed by the pala's.
    Rogues do lots of damage. But against a Warrior with about 5-6k health and Heavy armor, it's impossible to last long enough to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Rogues are getting a review, don't expect too much though because they're not in bad shape at all. They're more gear dependant than alot of other classes so you don't get a good picture of how balanced the class is if you're decked out in blues.

edit: Warriors should always destroy rogues, PvP is loosely based on a rock/paper/scissors system. And having 3k health is your problem not the classes, I know rogues with over 4.5k unbuffed if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

i have a lvl 60 rogue on draenor using bout 7-8 epics:) ..tbh we arent week at all i can drop a hunter and cloth wearers pretty handy and can hold my own against warriors and pallys straight up using most of my cooldowns.AV isnt great as a rogue as its alot of range fighting,zerging and aoe.Try Ab or wsg and ur luck should improve,go with crippling on MH and Instant on off hand.Also swap ur weapons around so u can use back stab and ambush.Also wat spec are u using?

my hp unbuffed is 3700 odd and attk power is around 760
    any q's just ask;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

you really shouldnt be surprised if your not good with a lvl60 rogue...you didnt level him up yourself, so you dont know the class properly. as a cloth wearer, i can attest to how bloody useful rogues are (and i can bitch over and over again :mad: ), especially when played well.

try levelling one up yourself, and you'll probably find it more fun. never enjoyed the style of play needed for rogues myself.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote:
    you really shouldnt be surprised if your not good with a lvl60 rogue...you didnt level him up yourself, so you dont know the class properly. as a cloth wearer, i can attest to how bloody useful rogues are (and i can bitch over and over again :mad: ), especially when played well.

try levelling one up yourself, and you'll probably find it more fun. never enjoyed the style of play needed for rogues myself.

I've been duelling with this Rogue. He is Decked out in all blues bar his chest plate. I think the problem is that i have the Epic Krol Blade and a weak dagger compared to having 2 Epic daggers. I have some pretty good strategies, and if i had the gear to do the damage i'd be pretty good.

I can keep them stunned for a good while but i just can't get the damage on them.

I have the Krol Blade in mainhand and barman shanker in offhand.

Lies. They are both Main-hand weapons.

I have some pretty good strategies, and if i had the gear to do the damage i'd be pretty good.

I can keep them stunned for a good while but i just can't get the damage on them.

tbh a bad workman blames his tools,imo u suck as a rogue then;) and as i said swap the dagger in main hand and the sword off hand and also check ur talent points if they suit the way u play

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=2244

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=12791

Both your weapons are main hand, I duno where your gettin the idea that you can have both of these equipped tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You can't expect to play a class well when you take over a character without levelling it.

• Advertisement

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    You can't expect to play a class well when you take over a character without levelling it.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

hahahahhaahahahahahaha

Saying rogues are weak at end game just really shows a total lack of understanding of the class. Your there to deal damage and be a play thing for the healer. The role you play in many games like guess the death order and Simon says no-one heal <insert rogue name> provide hours of entertainment for the healers. But honestly Rogues are not weak at level 60 hell their plain just not weak. Go stealth around WSG for a while and just pick on the clothies or jump someone on 10% health.

Now taking bets on what class Bartonprince Jnr will be playing next week and comlpaining about not being the "Vin Diesel" he was hoping for.

Now where was I oh ya...

..hahahahhahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm a lvl60 rogue and I had 2 issues with my class one of which is being fixed in the next patch. Tbh I can't really tell you where you're going wrong unless I see you play but I will try.

In AV if you stealth into a gropu of Alliance and kill one yes you will be killed because thats taking on a group on your own, you'll be killed no matter what class you are (exception being a pally or a druid or possibly some class with fear). I know this sounds really really basic but if you got give this toon (or indeed lvl'd him up yourself) check your spellbook to make sure you have all your abilities on your action bar or go to your trainer and make sure you've learnt everything.

Also I'd take that sword out of your main hand and put the barman shanker (the shanker isn't weak btw, its the best pre-epic main hand you can get, at least it was when I was using it) in it so you can use BS/Ambush. Whats your spec btw?

[edit]Just read some of the above posts, and yes you cannot have the barman and krol blade equppied at once. And also don't blame your gear, it really just doesn't come down to that.[/edit]

I'm a lvl60 rogue and I had 2 issues with my class one of which is being fixed in the next patch. Tbh I can't really tell you where you're going wrong unless I see you play but I will try.

In AV if you stealth into a gropu of Alliance and kill one yes you will be killed because thats taking on a group on your own, you'll be killed no matter what class you are (exception being a pally or a druid or possibly some class with fear). I know this sounds really really basic but if you got give this toon (or indeed lvl'd him up yourself) check your spellbook to make sure you have all your abilities on your action bar or go to your trainer and make sure you've learnt everything.

Also I'd take that sword out of your main hand and put the barman shanker in it so you can use BS/Ambush. Whats your spec btw?

[edit]Just read some of the above posts, and yes you cannot have the barman and krol blade equppied at once. And also don't blame your gear, it really just doesn't come down to that.[/edit]

That was constructive thanks!

Ok I have the Krol Blade in the main hand and a Green with +35 attack power in the off hand (Barman shanker is actually just in my inventory)

I was playing him for a few hours yesterday and went into a raid with a new guild i was offered to join...
    They were relying on me to do most of the damage while a pala and priest kept me healed.

I think being kinda used to solo'ing things with my Warlock i was expecting a bit more durability out of the rogue but i'm learning that they are pretty much glass cannons.

I didn't die in the raid and did some serious damage, My DPS was 32% of total compared to the hunter who beat me with 36% or something like that.

I'm starting to understand the class much more now and have stopped trying to jump on 3 fellas at the same time... =)

my build is 21/7/21 or something VERY close to that. I don't have Hemo though which i heard is good for a sword rogue.

I was going to use a good slow dagger in the main hand and a quicker one for poisons in the offhand... but it's hard to unequip an Epic.. isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Probably the most fun you will get out of the game is leveling up a character yourself. It is fun jumping onto other people's 60s but you're missing out an awful lot if nothing else than from a L2P perspective.

DapperGent wrote:
    Probably the most fun you will get out of the game is leveling up a character yourself. It is fun jumping onto other people's 60s but you're missing out an awful lot if nothing else than from a L2P perspective.

I am bud, I'm using the Rogue to get money and items used in first aid/engineering etc for what will end up being my main. I am lvling 2 at the moment to lvl60, i have a 31 Warlock and a 33 Priest (i have a 9 walock as well)

I want to farm money and gear for my alts with the rogue wich i heard is a great way of doing things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I want to farm money and gear for my alts with the rogue wich i heard is a great way of doing things

They are good you need to learn how to play them first and what they can and can't do you only get that from leveling them :)

Mac daddy wrote:
    They are good you need to learn how to play them first and what they can and can't do you only get that from leveling them :)

Or..using one for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

For a good while ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

'e-bay' players at its best....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I find it so hard to play any other class after playing with a rogue for three months.

Caliden wrote:
    'e-bay' players at its best....

It's already been explained that this was given to me to take over... No point closing the account because it won't be there in a year or however long.

So kid it's not an e-bay account.

What is it with you!

Would you have said No??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I know its not e-bay which is why I put 'e-bay', what other way can I classify an account your friend gave you?

It won't make a difference to people on the server you play when they see you can't play a level 60 rogue very well.

All i can advise you to do is watch some basic pvp movies closely and try to mimic them.

As far as your spec goes, if you are pvping, dagger spec (seal-fate build) is the only way to go.

Caliden wrote:
    I know its not e-bay which is why I put 'e-bay', what other way can I classify an account your friend gave you?

It won't make a difference to people on the server you play when they see you can't play a level 60 rogue very well.

All i can advise you to do is watch some basic pvp movies closely and try to mimic them.

As far as your spec goes, if you are pvping, dagger spec (seal-fate build) is the only way to go.

Yeah i want to go daggers, But it's hard to get the decent ones without being in a good Raid guild, and you can;t get into a good raid guild unless you have the daggers... i don't undderstand it.,..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yeah i want to go daggers, But it's hard to get the decent ones without being in a good Raid guild, and you can;t get into a good raid guild unless you have the daggers... i don't undderstand it.,..
    The best pre-epic daggers (as I've said) are the Barman Shanker (which you can get solo) and the Distracting Dagger (in off hand) which comes off the prince in WDM. And yes the majority of good raid guilds wont take a lvl60 rogue that is now played as an alt or money maker for someone elses main.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

would i have said no? yeah sure i would

perhaps if you spent more time leveling the characters you have instead of posting bull**** you know nothing about you'd have your own level 60 and be able to play a class competently.

on a more cordial note. not sure how the shanker faired after that weapon speed normalistion thingie they did a while back

however this can be purchased

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=5267 and afaik makes a pretty good off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Start a rogue yourself, and play with it until you're comfortable. And learn to stunlock. Stunning is your friend. :)

Guys my gear is really bad:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i came out of stealth and Gouged 1 of them and started hitting another one.

If ever the phrase l2p applied......

Advertisement