Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

206 Door

Options
  • 01-03-2006 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I hit my mates passanger door a while back and he got a few quotes for panel beaters etc, he was advised to get a new one. Personelly I would prefer for him to go to a dealer and get a new door fitted to avoid loosing any value at trade in . he says go to a breakers and getting one saving my bill. Question is .. is there a noticable difference between getting a new one and a breakers part (considering you get the proper matching one etc. Would the car loose any value by getting this done away from a dealer etc.
    I would hate getting a third party fitting and the car looking like a crash repair.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When it comes to trading in time, most good salesmen will be able to spot a respray job. whether there's a new or old door underneath won't make much of a difference. The panel beater will have to spray some of the rear door and the wing to make it all match. your car wil lose some of it's value no matter what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

try to get one secondhand in a scrapyard in the same colour and it probably wont be as noticable try traynors they will loads of spares for 206's cos they mostly have northern cars so you should be able to get one the same colour and they are cheap as chips also :D

Advertisement