Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php thumbnail generation

Options
  • 01-03-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im working with a gallery script in php.
    When a user uploads an image a thumbnail is created which is great for listing the images before on clicks to see in higher dresloution.

However ive just added the option for the user to either upload the image OR add the url to an image.
    for the latter in the listing page i just present a click me image as opposed to a thumbnail (cos i obviously dont have one)

Is it possible to in some way get a thumbnail of that remote image with php ?

TNX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Hi
    Im working with a gallery script in php.
    When a user uploads an image a thumbnail is created which is great for listing the images before on clicks to see in higher dresloution.

However ive just added the option for the user to either upload the image OR add the url to an image.
    for the latter in the listing page i just present a click me image as opposed to a thumbnail (cos i obviously dont have one)

Is it possible to in some way get a thumbnail of that remote image with php ?

TNX
    Yes. You can use createImageFromPNG (or whatever format it is) and use the url as the docs tell you.

Advertisement