Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another FIFA release

Options
  • 01-03-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

Electronic Arts has announced that this April will see the arrival of 2006 FIFA World Cup on PC, consoles and handhelds - and has released some screenshots, too.

The game will feature nearly 100 of the world's favourite footballers, all specially animated to capture their playing styles. There are 127 national teams to choose from, and you'll play matches in the 12 official stadiums where the tournament is being held as well as stadiums from each qualifying region.

Modes will include Global Challenge, which recreates classic moments from World Cups past, plus a multiplayer mode for up to eight players. Expect lots of unlockable content, too, such as legendary players and exclusive sportswear.
    Advertisement

"The FIFA World Cup will be the single most watched sporting event by a worldwide television audience, bringing together football fans from around the world,” said producer Joe Nickolls.

"Our game, 2006 FIFA World Cup, celebrates this passion by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, enabling fans to play their heroes and be a part of 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany."

2006 FIFA World Cup is in development at EA Canada, and will be released on PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, Nintendo DS, GBA and mobile phones in April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I can't believe anyone buys these anymore...it's been the same game since the 90's just looks better

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It'll sell by the bucketload. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

woot /kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

when i went into this i thought it was gonna be about the new FIFA street which at least looks fairly interesting, alas i was greeted by this news. they seem to be introducing some good aspects to street compared to the last one anyway which got boring very quick. i must add that i am a PES man and i only rented the other fifa street to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

FIFA 2006: Pre-Match Warmup

Coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

playa3 wrote:
    when i went into this i thought it was gonna be about the new FIFA street which at least looks fairly interesting, alas i was greeted by this news. they seem to be introducing some good aspects to street compared to the last one anyway which got boring very quick. i must add that i am a PES man and i only rented the other fifa street to give it a shot.

Its an ok game (fifa street 2 that is), the new features are fun at first and they have improved the defense side of a game, though it still can be very frustrating when you get chipped/nutmegged 6 times in a row :( and most time it not even your fault. Though the other side of it is the attacking side where you can really pull of some sexy, fun football (though nothing will compare to putting a perfect throw ball for the winning goal in pro evo!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

FIFA 2006: Pre-Match Warmup

Coming soon.
    LMFAO! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Typical of EA flooding the market with crappy games.

I can't believe these still sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

From what I've read Fifa 2006 was the worst installment since Fifa '97 on the N64.

There's only one football game I'm interested in playing anyway, and it's not Pro Evo. Can anybody guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

From what I've read Fifa 2006 was the worst installment since Fifa '97 on the N64.

There's only one football game I'm interested in playing anyway, and it's not Pro Evo. Can anybody guess?

Sensible Soccer. The new re-release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The thing about the FIFA games is that the vast majority of people who own them are kids. They prefer to play in the REAL stadiums, and with REAListic players. They dont think too much about playability as much as maybe us older gamers. Yes, the playability is crap and yes Im a Pro Evo man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I wish EA would just take a year or two off though. Its a joke that a new one is released every year and that they bring them out for the Euro finals and World Cup too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Played Fifa '03 yesterday as my mate couldn't find his copy of Pro Evo. Despite thrashing him 6 - 1 I felt no satisfaction. Joke of a game.

And they're all like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Couldn't care less being honest, but they still sell well it seems. The worst FIFA had to be the first one on the N64. FIFA 64 I think it was called. It was relatively easy to score all the way from the half-way line! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Couldn't care less being honest, but they still sell well it seems. The worst FIFA had to be the first one on the N64. FIFA 64 I think it was called. It was relatively easy to score all the way from the half-way line! :eek:
    you could do that all the way up to 2003/4. it stopped once they introduced the pro evo engine. funny that....

Advertisement