Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ARB Insurance

Options
  • 01-03-2006 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Folks
    Is there someone here who is insured with ARB? Just wondering if it is okay to go with them. I am a first time driver on provisional irish, 26 years old and ARB are giving me the cheapest quote (€1722) for a Suzuki 1.3 car. Does anyone have any experience(good or bad) with ARB?

In case you are wondering how €1722 is the cheapest, AXA quoted me a ridiculous €2950 and Quinn D €2540.. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Never heard of them, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

me neither and i just renewed my poicy in feb so rang most of the big companies and brokers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've heard of them.

They deal with Brokers only afaik, and tend to look at non standard risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

In case you are wondering how €1722 is the cheapest, AXA quoted me a ridiculous €2950 and Quinn D €2540.. :(

Seems very strange, 12 months ago Quinn charged me €1900. Age 24 first time driver on provisional licence on a 1.2 corsa. From the quotes I've seen this year, their rates don't seem to have gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

try quinn directs online quote system, it usually gives cheaper quotes than if you ring them up and then pay for it over the net or ring them up with the quote number and insist they match there online price (If you havent done so already)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nirmalkishore

Thanks for your replies guys. Would someone know of First Ireland insurance? Apparently they quoted nearly the same as ARB. First Ireland might just be a broker but if you have any experience with these guys, let me know

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I get travel insurance with them every year. If you mention that you are a member of siptu you may get a further discount

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

First Ireland are Brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

First Ireland are Brokers.

So are ARB

Not according to their website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement