Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migration from Dial-up to Broadband ....

• 01-03-2006 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

I've recently cancelled my "Eircom Dial-up 150 anytime" account (7 weeks into my billing period) with the request that the Dial-up account be discontinued at the end of the billing period .... i.e .... I expected to pay for the full 2 months Dial-up

prior to giving Eircom the cancellation request on the Dial-up account I ordered Eircom Broadband home starter and this became operational at approx the 7 week position mentioned above .....

have just recieved my 2 month Eircom bill and they have discontinued the "Anytime time account" charges from the start of the billing period and charged me full rate dial-up for all time on line ......

net effect .... instead of a charge of 60.00 euros for the 150 Flatrate for the 2 month period I am being charged almost 330 .00 euros :eek: (most of my online is during the day at top rates!!!!)

Am I going $$$$ Mad or have they made a mistake ? .....

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

That certainly has happened to people before .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've heard of this happening all right. It seems that when you cancel your Anytime product Eircom cancel it from the beginning of the current billing period even though you have to give 30 days notice and pay for that too. They then charge you full rate even though you were using a flat-rate number, which I think is illegal. Either way, what they're doing is wrong and you shouldn't let them away with it.

Get in touch with Comreg and let them know the details and ask them to clarify if Eircom are aloud to do this. The answer should be no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭HSo

That happned to me too in October 2004. I was really pissed. But nothing I could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Talk about being sick .... :( ..... my normal bill is around 110.00 euros every 2 month period .....

my $$$$$ bill just received is over 500.00 euro .... :mad:

I'm the $$$$ guy who is staying with Eircom ..... I've upgraded to Broadband and I'm being $$$$ screwed by the sound of it :confused: ....

I must be in $$$$ Iraq ..... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

hobie wrote:
    I'm the $$$$ guy who is staying with Eircom .....
    Why is anyone in this country still giving Eircom money? Change to BT and you may have troubles. Stay with Eircom and you will be robbed. As long as Eircom keep getting away with charging through the roof, they'll keep doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hobie wrote:
    Talk about being sick .... :( ..... my normal bill is around 110.00 euros every 2 month period .....

my $$$$$ bill just received is over 500.00 euro .... :mad:

I'm the $$$$ guy who is staying with Eircom ..... I've upgraded to Broadband and I'm being $$$$ screwed by the sound of it :confused: ....

I must be in $$$$ Iraq ..... :confused:

this has certainly been raised on boards before and it might be worth doing a search for it.

couple of suggestions given the amount of money invovled - why not email phil.nolan@eircom.ie (Chief Executive) emphasise the injustice of their behaviour given that you are staying a customer but emphasise that unless they change you will be off to some other isp at the earliest possible opportunity - copy your email to joe duffy, comreg and the consumers association - they now seem to be interested in broadband and the behaviour of companies. Might also be worth a phone call to the Director of Consumer affairs.

Do Eircom warn customers who are migrating to broadband about these charges? to call it sharp practise is to be charitable in the extreme!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Thats unbelieveable. :eek:

Advertisement