Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have been sleeping (Pearl Jam news)

• 01-03-2006 7:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how long this has been doing the rounds, but pearljam.com has gotten a total facelift, the new album (called Pearl Jam) is due for release on the 2nd of May and their first single from the album (World Wide Suicide) will be available in a free, DRMless mp3 from the 8th of March.

Great news, I can't believe it's nearly 4 years since their last proper album, who would have thunk it? Apparently it's very Who-esque and more rocky, will be interesting to see how it goes, I wonder if the lack of Sony/BMG will make any difference.

http://www.pearljam.com for anyone interested... Hopefully we'll see a gig in Dublin before the year is out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

As long as they play somewhere within 500 miles of ireland this summer then im goin
    cant wait for the album tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

IrishMike wrote:
    As long as they play somewhere within 500 miles of ireland this summer then im goin
    cant wait for the album tbh

I'm gonna try and get multiple shows in (as long as I have the cash) and put my 10C membership to good use!!!

I have put up the apparent tracklisting for the new album over in the other PJ thread at the gigs forum

Here it is in case anyone is too lazy to go on over!!!:

01 Life Wasted
    02 World Wide Suicide
    03 Comatose
    04 Severed Hand
    05 Marker In The Sand
    06 Parachutes
    07 Unemployable
    08 Big Wave
    09 Gone
    10 Wasted Reprise
    11 Army Reserve
    12 Come Back
    13 Inside Job

The song above 'Comatose' is actually the song that we up until now had known as 'Crapshoot', just so ye know!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ahhh, I can't wait! I'd love to go see them but I haven't got the money...grr

• Advertisement

Save a few € every week and im sure that by the time they come here you'll have enough to go see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TipTopToe

Thos epennies add up alright. I haven't been to see pearl jam in yonks, must rectify that... ;)

You should know soon if they're coming, tomorrow!!!
    Rumour are that there is an official announcement at 11 AM, prob west US time.
    They have already told us album and single news so I think its tour info!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Save € I shall do....the excitement is overwhelming!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The song is now available at bootlegs.pearljam.com; two days before it was supposed to be.
    redmosquito was spot on with the track listing which has also been revealed...

Next up (on the 7th, today), is a special announcement in which it urges Ten Club fans to have their membership details up to date; I'd say it's either an album pre-release or a new tour.... I hope it's a tour (European!), I let my membership slip a year back after I got the Benaroya hall vinyls

• Advertisement

flogen wrote:
    after I got the Benaroya hall vinyls

You have the Benaroya vinyls?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I will trade you my left nut for it, i'm deadly serious, i will have it off and in the post for you first thing in the morning!!!!!

*retires to sulk about not having Benaroya vinyl while trying to seperate left nut from scrotum with knife!!!*

Also at bootlegs.pearljam.com, where you can download WWS, you can download all shows from the recent North and South American tour (common news I know), but now in addition to this they have brought out a show from the vault for download, Las Vegas 30/11/93.
    They have every concert ever cataloged, and I remember they said a while back that they had intention to start releasing some of them (pre 2000).
    Hopefully they keep it going, savage.

PJ are they greatest band on earth!!!!!!!

You have the Benaroya vinyls?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I will trade you my left nut for it, i'm deadly serious, i will have it off and in the post for you first thing in the morning!!!!!

*retires to sulk about not having Benaroya vinyl while trying to seperate left nut from scrotum with knife!!!*

:D
    Yeah... funny enough, I stayed up all night to get them but the site was down for hours, I fell asleep, woke up and somehow logged on for the 20 seconds in between the site crashing, bought it and that was that.
    Was a little bit annoyed that the big box they came in was a little bit damaged in the post; nothing major, just a tiny bit of a rip... you really wouldn't notice it unless you were looking

Anyway, thanks for the offer but I'm not looking for nuts right now, have two and they seem to be working fine.
    No intention of parting with this bad-boy, it's my crown jewel in a pretty small vinyl collection I have.

If I was to offer you the chance to have Pearl Jam play in your local pub for your birthday would you part way with 'em???

All you have to do is send me the vinyl right away along with the date of your birthday and I will arrange for them to show up, I promise!!!!

Ah no, keep 'em well, they are already highly valuable, let alone many years down the line!

On a side note, I recieved another boot dvd in the post this morning, 26/11/05, the second night in Buenos Aires, my good God I have never seen or heard a greater crowd in all my life. I have the night before on cd but actually seeing that crowd is something else.
    When the band come out for the first encore they are all standing there in absolute awe of what they see in front of them! It really is amazing!

If you could get Pearl Jam to play at your command, surely you could get a copy of benaroya?!!

Seriously though, sounds cool, their last Dublin gig was my first ever, superb show, can't wait to see them again,

Tour news was released tonight, unfortunately it is only for the first U.S leg of the worldwide tour, the details of which were posted this morning by myself in the PJ thread of the Gigs forum . Hopefully our good news will come soon!!

Just an idea for the Moderators, seeing as that all news about the album and first single has been released now, all that we are waiting for is tour news, so if possible to merge this thread with the thread in the Gigs forum, just to benefit people looking for all the news in one (more convenient), maybe its not possible or whatever so as I said just an idea.

Another small tit-bit:
    The band have recorded 5 songs for AOL Music, i think it will be broadcast sometime in late April. The songs to be played are: 'World Wide Suicide', 'Comatose', 'Gone', 'Life Wasted' and 'Come Back'.
    No other worthy news at the minute!

I know same post as I have in the other thread, but just in case some people read this and don't know about the other!!!

Advertisement