Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend dependence on alcohol

• 01-03-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

About 3 months ago, i met a girl whom I started to date from early December, I`m 40 and she 31 from Latvia. We get on quite well and our our personalities dont differ that much. I like her alot and she likes me. However I noticed recently, in the last month or so that her drinking has got much worse and now she has started to miss days at work,.
    I would of course like to keep the relationship going but with my eyes open see the problems ahead. I spoke to her and yesterday she admits she does have a problem with alcohol and this problem exists for over a year now. She says she knows what she has to do but when I suggested she sees someone about it she refuses. She has had a tough life in Latvia which continued on her arrival to Ireland 3 years ago. She is under pressure to keep money sent to her family back home and work for her only attracts the minimun wage.
    I tried to talk to her today she refuses to talk about it all.
    Whats the best course of action to take here? I know that only those who are dependent on alcohol can solve the problem. With me or without me I know she will continue drinking unless I or she herself can find help.
    For her too, money will be a problem, private treatment is I think out the question given her financial circumstances.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

do keep trying to talk to her, best time is when does not feel too after drinking alot. next morning could be a good time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

I may be able to help, re treatment centres,on a budget. She must be willing to go off her own bat. I cannot pm you because you did not sign in as a registered user, Pm me, I know a few routes that may help..Regards M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

She may be stressed out at having to give a large amount of her salery to home, and having not much to live on, thus the stress. See if she's happy giving the money away, and go from there.

Advertisement