Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Xp X64

• 01-03-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Just got this installed & I have to say how inpresive it is,
    Few Things I have noticsed about it if I run one Program its slugish. However if I open 2 or 3 Programs it Speeds up.
    is this how X64 works ? apart from that I am very happy with its proformance Compared to my G5 Mac Its Speed is Far more superiour then Apple System, Not putting Apples OS down its a great os as well but WIndows X64 speed compared to Apples at a few programs for exsample Photoshop CS On Mac is quick but Useing CS on X64 OS its just that much better. the G5 vs The AMD 64 there very alike Just AMD are Better

I don't Know why People Say apple is better then Windows There much the same its not something to make love with yourself over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Thats nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was thinking about getting it a few months ago but decided against it because of compatability concerns, I'll prolly get Vista Ultimate next year thou :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I find it to be quite the nippy OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Im seriously considering about upgrading to this from xp home. My only main concern is the talk i hear about having to find the new x64 driver. Is it hard to find the new drivers and install x64? Is there any other pitfalls im missing here?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dave6195 wrote:
    Im seriously considering about upgrading to this from xp home. My only main concern is the talk i hear about having to find the new x64 driver. Is it hard to find the new drivers and install x64? Is there any other pitfalls im missing here?
    check the hardware compatible list / manufacturers web sites first.

As a rule of thumb the newer and more common the HW the more likely it is to have drivers. Conversely the older stuff won't. This also applies to programs that access hardware directly instead of going through the OS, eg: programs that use serial ports or parallel ports.

Anyone care to comment on old windows programs and whether they can run in native mode, and old games and old DOS programs. Not common but can be make or break. Very old DOS apps can be run with DosBox but they won't be able to access the hardware - same applied to NT/2K too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DiveBomB

It Can Be Very Anoying Finding Drivers For it but I found it a Good OS it just needs more attention HP Printers Don't Support it However there is beta Drivers That Work & some games Don't Run Good on It

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I would upgrade but as yet Epson still haven't release a driver for the Stylus Photo 915 so I'd be printerless if I upgraded. Really annoying :(

Advertisement