Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CastleVania: Rhapsody Of Ruin (Again) - Need Testers...

Options
  • 01-03-2006 11:05pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The shortened Link...

Upgraded link (2megs) with title screen / scene select screen (partially complete)...

Alucard & Richter in a very very very brief, er, encounter. 1.5 Megs thanks to so many sprites, sounds and music so don't be suprised if you see nothing but a black screen for about thirty seconds while it loads. Be sure to press the REFRESH button (F5) if it freezes on you in mid animation and it SHOULD work the second time.

...Considering that a) I'm making it via Swish and b) It's uploaded to *shiver* sitesled, I need people to test this out in order to figure out wether people will be able to actually WATCH this or not...

Anyways, for those who had an iota of interest in the older thread, I made this little compatiility test to see if the animation will run ok via Swish... It's certainly not much but you get the idea of what I'm aiming for...

If people like it, I'll keep this segment and just build on it.

I'm happy to say that I managed to get SOME form of double imaging for Alucard and have already taken time to think of ways of making the flash as close to CastleVania: Symphony of the Night as I can, whilst also adding one or two little touches of my own.

Anyways, a big thanks to anyone who loads that monster (It is painfully short - Forgot to remove the unnessecary stuff before uploading that segment seeing as I cut out the Title Screen and Options pages but left all the images and sounds stored in the flash - argh!!!)

Please be sure to tell me if it runs smoothly - I fear Swish Flash rely's on people's PC performance... If that's the case then the anims and sounds might be well out of sync for ye, blah!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'm only getting the old clip with Richter running up to a zombie and whipping him and loads of blood spurting out. But it does take ages to load so you must be doing something right. *thumbs up* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The link ain't working for me.
    EDIT: Just saw the post above, so fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Works fine for me RD.
    Did freeze first time but a refresh sorted that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

"The server at www.sitesled.com is taking too long to respond."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Works fine for me.

Seems quality so far mate, keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

just played it - worked perfectly for me, no pauses or anything.

Only problem I found, was when I went to play it again, the music kept on playing from the end of my first viewing.

Other than that, its sweet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, looks really good, works well. Well done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very impressive.

About Richter being bad. He was being controlled by the priest shaft. So perhaps before it looks like Alucard is about to deliver the final blow you could have him jump up and kick the **** out of shaft (if you can find his sprites).

As for Alucard, forget Sephiroth, Alucard is the coolest character ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's like belmont dude is stuck in some kind of fantastic orgasmical experience:v:

/edit
    he was stuck mid thrust, it ran properly when i refreshed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

RopeDrink wrote:
    Do you mean when the text pops up at the end saying it's 'To Be Continued // Under Construction?'

When it reached the end, I right clicked, and selected "play" , it started the ani off again, but the music was playing along too, i.e. it should have stopped. Also happens when I select rewind at the end of the animation.

Don't know if its of any help, but I noticed while playing the Dual Castlevania cartridge on the Gameboy last night, that theres a section within both games, that lists out the bad guys and shows a couple of movement sprites for each.

PS love the Zombie throw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should make it a drunken brawl for marias affects :D

Richter: I'll wrap this whip around your head ya pouncy prick! I don't care who your da is!
    Alucard: Just try it and I'll ram this sword up your arse! At least I didn't need to be helped by a burd when I fight me da!

love the zombie throw. You should have it as a running joke where the zombie is getting fcuked around and doing no damage.

Advertisement