Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chlamydia

• 02-03-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well i went for an STI test last week, not suspecting anything but just to be safe. I got a phone call from them today asking me to come in for treatment. She spoke really fast but she mentioned something about a puss and that it cud possibly be Chlamydia.
    Scares the shi* out of me.
    Should i be worried because it really worries me??
    I got in contact with my ex girlfriend about it..Whilst i was with her she used to get pains, she thought it was a bladder infection. So she went to the doctor about it, took medication but the pains still came every now and then. But then she went for a Chlamydia test and the result was she does NOT have Chlamydia..

Is it possible for these tests to be inaccurate?
    To me it looks like we both got Chlamydia but she got tested for it ....
    or cud it be some other uncommon infection that we both got?

any advice is appreciated :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're unsure about the test results then seek a second opinion.

Chlamydia can lie undetected for ages, but can result in infrtility in females, so it really would be best to tell anyone that you slept with, so that they can get checked out also. It's easily treated once detected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well the best thing you can do is take whatever treatment they offer you and contact anyone you slept with so they can get treatment too. Don't worry about it too much because whatever you have should be treatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

No worries buddy. Just a simple course of antibiotics for 10 days and you're clear. Just inform anyone you had sex with over the last while. Thats the hard part. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the advise.
    i think the reason why i started the thread is just because i feel so bad that i actually caught it. Apparently its popular but is it really that common?
    To me, STI's were something uncommon, that only people that have unprotected sex with many different partners get. Ive had only 4 partners ever....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

awdamn wrote:
    To me, STI's were something uncommon, that only people that have unprotected sex with many different partners get. Ive had only 4 partners ever....

But how many partners have those 4 people had before you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Apparently the rate of Chlamydia infection has been rising lately. The huge issue with it is the infertility that it can cause. So do the right thing, and tell anyone that you've had intercourse with recently, so that they can be tested also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Apparently its popular but is it really that common?

Don't mean to be harsh, but it is that kinda thinking which is part of the problem at the moment with young people in Ireland (I sound sooo old :p )

Everyone thinks it is uncommon and everyone thinks they aren't going to get it.

As someone said, you have had 4 partners, and they have had 4 partners, and they have had 4 partners etc etc. It only takes one person to catch something and not know and they then expose everyone down the line to the STD.

It is not just STDs, any infection spreads like that. The winter vomioting bug isn't that common, but get someone in your office with it and you can bet someone else is going to catch it.

Anyone having sex should just assume the are being constantly exposed to the more common STDs (chlamydia, syphilis, warts, herpes) etc and as such get regularly checked, and use protection. It should be just like going to the dentist, I mean you don't assume that your teeth are just going to be fine, most people have a dentist check up every 6 months.

Doesn't mean you need to freak out and never have sex again, but people really need to start taking their sexual health serious. The amount of people I know who have never had an STD check up is scary. If someone said they had never gone to the dentist in their life it would be safe to assume they have pretty bad teeth. Same with STDs, if someone says they have never gone for a STD test, but they have been having sex, you can assume they are going to have something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah i agree with u. But i believe there is not near enuff invested to create awareness by the government.
    When i was living abroad, thats when i became aware of how serious STI's are...
    and the attitude that many younger people in Ireland have....
    It worrys me how many of my friends are walking around with stuff.
    Whenever i wud mention to my friends about getting tested they just kinda ignore it.
    i believe the government really has to do more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

its very easily cured with antibiotics such as zithermax,

Advertisement