Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347NWG and azereus

• 02-03-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Have tried everything with this damn modem and router but i cant get my speeds up to what there were whe:p n i had my older netopia modem the 3300 is was getting speeds of 170 and with the 3347 im only getting 70, does any know how to configure the router properly and set up an ip passthrough for azereus, i have gone to all the portfordwarding sites but still no help,

On azereus i have all green smileys faces but my speed is just much slower than what it was before.

it just seems to be the new modem and router cause the old when i plug it in still get great speed.

Can some who has the same modem help me please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You'll need to turn the Netopia's firewall to "low" or "off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭gav_69

Hey already tried this but still no use, any other sugestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you have smiley faces , check what your share ratio is, if its low leave the pc on overnight uploading something small so you get a massive boost to your sahre ratio.

Share ratio is on the mian screen of the latest build in the bottom corner, to get full download speed you must give good upload.

ie 5up and 200 down isnt going to happen.

I get 480 down on Az and have a share ratio of .885 which is good, upload 35kb max

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Set the firewall to off on the router.

Do not use Zone Alarm as a software firewall, use something else if you are.

Enable uPnP in Azureus.

Change the port number in Azureus to something random between 9000 and 14000. Not the same as what it's set as (keep clicking save until it allows you to save setting, then close Azureus wait a minute and start it again).

Look at the Azureus wiki, for ideal settings according to your max theoretical upload speed.
    A good rule is 80% of that value.

Go to the Configuration wizard in Azureus and set the connection to that value.

I think that's about it....

Advertisement