Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bret

• 02-03-2006 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

The Hitman is my all favourite wrestler of all time, I really y enjoyed his performances, was a great athlete and a role model to many young kids and teen growing up watching wrestling. My question is what are the chances of him making a comeback? After his induction in the wrestling hall of fame will we see him the next night on wrestle mania? I just pray sometimes that his music comes on while watching raw every week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Silm to none i'm afaid :( First off, he cant wrestle (thank you Goldberg) and imo, he still doesnt like WWE. Also, in an interview, he said he wouldn't comeback as a GM or manager etc. He may do something at WM but wouldnt hold my breath a bout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stalfos wrote:
    he cant wrestle (thank you Goldberg)

why be like that. accidents happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why be like that. accidents happen

Exactly, your wanna be a pro wrestler then you got to accept the risks involved just like anybody else. Sure, it's **** when someone gets hurt in the ring but nobody has the right to act suprised over it. Whether it's from a lack of talent or just some freak incident, **** happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think people blame Goldberg cause he wasn't a great wrestler for hurting Bret, even some of the best wresters hurt others (ala Owen breaking Steve Austin's neck)

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote:
    I think people blame Goldberg cause he wasn't a great wrestler for hurting Bret, even some of the best wresters hurt others (ala Owen breaking Steve Austin's neck)

but there is a slight difference between an accident during a wrestling move and kicking someone full force in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Never was a big fan of Bret Hart ... although I wasn't into it as much as I am now back then. But always found Bret quite boring, and lacking in charisma. Sure he could go in the ring, but so can plenty of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

ive always been a huge fan of brets wrestling ability...his matches with the likes of diesel taker and guys so much bigger than him were great...especially since it usually is so much harder for smaller guys to take on bigger guys...
    its a pity though that he will be best remembered for his whining at montreal 97 rather than his wrestling ability.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

like bret said in his dvd (thanks to Vince of the boards for the suggestion) he never hurt anyone in his career, it's down to how much care you use, goldberg was sloppy and careless, and not just that night either. how many times in his wwe run did he nearly balls things up?
    owens injuring of scsa was unfortunate but i think it's the only mistake owen made, one little moment of carelesness from a great wrestler and look at the lasting damage, so goldbergs seemingly utter contempt for his in ring competitors well being rankles with the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah but look at the likes of Vader who consistenly did damage to people in the ring....i don't think you could called Goldberg the worst offender on that score!

• Advertisement

Yeah but look at the likes of Vader who consistenly did damage to people in the ring....i don't think you could called Goldberg the worst offender on that score!

what damage did vader do in the ring - he was stiff, but not sloppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

goldberg was cool......the only reason to watch nitro......

loved it when he came out and speared the rock on raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dragan wrote:

Vader didn't hurt many, the worst offenders were easily Ahmed Johnson, Mark Henry, Mable, Sid, Big Show etc. All way worse than Vader. As it is Bret doesn't have any bad feelings about Goldberg, but he does blame him for it (see Brets shoot on youtube). Bret won't be doing any run ins at mania, he'll just do his speech at the HOF and that will be that, he's not Hogan remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Sarge wrote:
    The Hitman is my all favourite wrestler of all time, I really y enjoyed his performances, was a great athlete and a role model to many young kids and teen growing up watching wrestling. My question is what are the chances of him making a comeback? After his induction in the wrestling hall of fame will we see him the next night on wrestle mania? I just pray sometimes that his music comes on while watching raw every week.
    He'll be in DOncaster this Saturday & SUnday night.

http://www.1p-w.com/card/aoninfo.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just checked out that link, gotta say well done to Darren Burridge! That's got to be the biggest card he's wrestled on, that I've heard of anyway. Good to see him doin well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ONI

bret will never wrestle again because of the nerve damaged caused by goldberg but also the stroke he toke 2 years ago he has no feeling in his left shoulder .He was gonna open a wrestling group in canada but after the stroke he dropped the idea he is in contract talks to have a role like droz and mick foley as a website commentater saying wat he tinks of the current storylines

Advertisement