Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson's K800

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aehso

O2 have released the k800i - I picked one up in the O2 Shop in Rathmines yesterday (though they only had 2 and I got one of them...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i got mine on monday on o2 and it's a great phone.The xenon flash makes a huge difference to low light shots

i'm used to nokias so i have to get used to it.

One small thing i love though is that it charges off the usb cable - that always annoyed me about nokias. I ended up buying a usb charger for the nokias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

finally got a unlocked k800i
    its brilliant phone
    brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

I've had mine since the start of July. Best phone ever (but i say that about every new phone i forget!) lol

Bestpic is great, the flash is a welcome addition, but the camera is not head and shoulders over the K750i. I'll expect that in the next release..... hopefully! ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Hey people, bought a k800 on 3 for €349 on 3pay, the 5c text/picture/video message offer offset the highprice tag.

I think the camera is great, obviously its still a phone camera, u cant replace a 3.2 megapixel canon/sony/fuji etc camera with a 3.2 megapixel phone.

MP3 player is great, easy to use and drag and drop makes it so easy to bring my itunes library onto the phone.

FM radio is actually the biggest surprise. This is my first phone wit a radio and i find myself using it 90% of the time when travelling.

Standard Handsfree earphones are hugely crap, so i'm bought a upgrade from ebay.

All in all, super impressed with the phone, its just a smart phone, its like it the processor reads ur mind wit regards the predictive text or inputting contacts. Definately would reccommend!

• Advertisement

Another thing, i wrongly bought a Memory stick duo, (the "magicgate" one, i think the W800i uses it along with the PSP) Anyway, i meant to buy the M2 Micro for the K800 and i need to sell it on. Where do i do it on boards?

Details: its a Sony 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Card 2G for PSP/Mobile/Camera and i'm hoping for €50

(expansys price €108.95 - http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=126682)

Thanks for any help or direction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Another thing, i wrongly bought a Memory stick duo, (the "magicgate" one, i think the W800i uses it along with the PSP) Anyway, i meant to buy the M2 Micro for the K800 and i need to sell it on. Where do i do it on boards?

for information, its a Sony 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Card 2G for PSP/Mobile/Camera.

Thanks for any help
    www.adverts.ie

owned by boards.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i foudn teh handsfree kit with it to have very good sound, sadly havin a pierced tragus means ear buds are uncomfortable so im thinkin about investing in teh hpm-70 which has a stereo 3.5mm jack in teh mike so i can put my usual phones in

Cremo wrote:
    www.adverts.ie

owned by boards.ie

Thanks Cremo

any body tried flashing the k800i yet

i tried http://www.davinciteam.com/

but for some reason i cant find the EPIUSB drivers

• Advertisement

Standard Handsfree earphones are hugely crap, so i'm bought a upgrade from ebay.
    what upgrade did you go for

what upgrade did you go for

I went for the HPM-70. I was tempted to buy the 3.5mm adaptor and use my regular earphones which are the best in ear sony earphones that sony make, but i'll give these a shot, the handsfree is hugely handy for the Luas and walking thru town when u dont want to walk around holding a €350 phone.

im thinking of getting this
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_loader&php=php1_10394&zone=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10394

anybody have it
    any good

its a bit expensive

is there any where in Ireland can i get it

i dont want to get this from Hong Kong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

any body tried flashing the k800i yet

i tried http://www.davinciteam.com/

but for some reason i cant find the EPIUSB drivers

Download from here: http://www.davinciteam.com/USBFlash.zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp4_loader&php=php1_10394&zone=pp&lm=pp4_1&pid=10394

anybody have it
    any good

its a bit expensive

I hadn't seen them yet!

That looks really slick! Especially since it's coming form the manufacturer and not a 3rd party :D

I think they're one of the only actual wireless earphones i've seen, as the rest are mostly can style or wrap-a-round models!

Has anybody tried these or are they generally available yet?
    They would look so slick with the W950i (i was looking at the press release) hehe

skearon wrote:
    thanks for that

now i need a username and password
    ill have to pay:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Anyone have issues with it on O2 with the software out of the box? The phone freezing constantly?

tbh with you i won't listen to music without listening to it through either high end sennheisers or shure headphones. now with the sound quality being questionable on a phone shure and sennheisers won't make up for that. now i'm not saying the sound quality of the k800i is bad at all it's just doesn't warrant going out and spending huge amount of money on headphones.

can the k800i be flashed through the usb cable that comes with it?
    mine has stupid french things on it (bought from pixmania).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Cremo wrote:
    can the k800i be flashed through the usb cable that comes with it?
    mine has stupid french things on it (bought from pixmania).

Yes

brilliant i'll read up on how to flash it so, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10394

anybody have it
    any good

its a bit expensive

I bought one from Expansys. It works very well with my K800 (and my P990), and the ear buds fit very snugly (they're the same as those used by the Walkman phones' wired headsets).

Advertisement