Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson's K800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Sarge wrote:
    02 , vodafone It will come out on o2 first and then vodafone.

i also think the same o2 will have it 1st but i want it before they have it:D
    as they wonot have it till moths after its realeased as with all phones with o2 as they have to test it on the networks.

Cannot wait till its out in europe somewhere as i will try get it from there as ireland is alway slow.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I was going to get a free one when they came out here , as the rep said he could do that. But i aint going to be in the country. I will be somewhere in vietnam when it comes out or made thailand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Sarge wrote:
    02, vodafone It will come out on o2 first and then vodafone.

hi, was asking more if they knew if it was going to the operators first rather than SIM Free.

but in relation to your info is it an exclusive to O2, or just because Voda take ages to customise / test?

thanks
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Sarge wrote:
    Sony Ericsson rep , just a slight contact i have and he confirmed that it will be coming out in ireland in the 3rd Q which is july/aug/sept not before then. I think im going to go for the k790 which is the exact same phone without the 3g.

I really cant see O2 or vodafone here stocking the k790, would imagine they'll both just go with the k800. Though you could always go buy it simfree to get the k790 but not sure there is any real advantage. Oh just thought, Meteor may well do the 790.

hi, was asking more if they knew if it was going to the operators first rather than SIM Free.
    The operators might get it out at the same time as simfree, probably a couple of weeks after, but they wont get it out b4.

• Advertisement

aCA wrote:
    I really cant see O2 or vodafone here stocking the k790, would imagine they'll both just go with the k800. Though you could always go buy it simfree to get the k790 but not sure there is any real advantage.

i think they will stock k790 as they donot have 3g yet:rolleyes: ,

yip, posted that b4 I thought it through, think Im tired.
    Totally forgot that o2 aint got 3g here yet. I know off topic, but what is their plans/stance on it, is it coming anytime soon?

aCA wrote:
    yip, posted that b4 I thought it through, think Im tired.
    Totally forgot that o2 aint got 3g here yet. I know off topic, but what is their plans/stance on it, is it coming anytime soon?

i think o2 wonot be bringing ou 3g i think there testing 4g.but vodafone should get it soon.

drdre wrote:
    i think o2 wonot be bringing ou 3g i think there testing 4g.but vodafone should get it soon.

vodafone 3g is already here. :rolleyes:

aCA wrote:
    vodafone 3g is already here :rolleyes:.

now im half asleep.:D i meant meteor

• Advertisement

aCA wrote:
    The operators might get it out at the same time as simfree, probably a couple of weeks after, but they wont get it out b4.

while it is usual for a handset to go Sim Free first, it's not always the case e.g. SE had the T610 shipped to operators before going SIM Free (Voda First) was wondering if Sarge could confirm if SE were thinking of doing the same with the K800...

aCA - they do have 3G ... they've got Samsung z320i and the Nokia 6680 .. but no Video calling .. seems like a bit of a waste

drdre wrote:
    i think they (o2) will stock k790 as they donot have 3g yet:rolleyes:

O2 IE are stocking 3G capable handsets e.g. 6680

while it is usual for a handset to go Sim Free first, it's not always the case e.g. SE had the T610 shipped to operators before going SIM Free (Voda First) was wondering if Sarge could confirm if SE were thinking of doing the same with the K800...

hope they do this with k800 as then it will be subsidised by operators.

Wish they'd release it sooner :(

drdre wrote:
    hope they do this with k800 as then it will be subsidised by operators.

although potentially supplied with a operator branded UI and possibly button hijacking compared to a SIM Free model

ciaranfo wrote:
    aCA - they do have 3G ... they've got Samsung z320i and the Nokia 6680 .. but no Video calling .. seems like a bit of a waste

ya, that was my first thought too, that they did have it, but drdre corrected my saying they didnt & so I doubted myself. Ive checked they do. Im way too tired.

Dubwirless: ya I understand your point, but Ive read on another forum, that its not gonna get an operator first release.

Im off to bed, Im pretty sure the k800 wont be out until atleast the morning.

I actually dont know if it is been released sim free first or been passed around to the networks first , I really cant answer that.I know that in the coming weeks there is going to be a big push on the w810i which is ready to go on o2, After that its then there is a low spec sony ericsson coming out when i say low spec i mean 2mp camera bluetooth etc that will replace the k750i and then its the k800i according the rep i was speaking to. Interesting times.

The W810i has only BT1.2 though, doesn't it ? And less internal memory ? They've gotten rid of that pesky faulty joystick though.

Sarge wrote:
    I actually dont know if it is been released sim free first or been passed around to the networks first , I really cant answer that.I know that in the coming weeks there is going to be a big push on the w810i which is ready to go on o2, After that its then there is a low spec sony ericsson coming out when i say low spec i mean 2mp camera bluetooth etc that will replace the k750i and then its the k800i according the rep i was speaking to. Interesting times.

when do you think the k790 will be out sim free in ireland or even europe.
    what country would you say gets sony first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sarge wrote:

Sarge , Was the SE rep their Irish rep or was it someone from the UK ???

Was it Russell K ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭craggel

Was looking at getting one of the K750i phones from Sony and went on their website. I noticed that there is a new K800i model due out soon(?). It looks pretty nifty with 3.2Mpixel camera, built in flash, image stabilisation, 3G and all the other good stuff aswell. Just wondering if anyone knows when we can expect to see it released?

craggel wrote:
    Was looking at getting one of the K750i phones from Sony and went on their website. I noticed that there is a new K800i model due out soon(?). It looks pretty nifty with 3.2Mpixel camera, built in flash, image stabilisation, 3G and all the other good stuff aswell. Just wondering if anyone knows when we can expect to see it released?

this phone has already been talked about on this website.your best option is to check out
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054897263

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads iv my eye on a new phone the Sony ericsson k800i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10407

it says the seize of the screen
    262.144 color TFT
    240x320 pixel

how does that compare to the nokia 6680 screen ie alot small etc

is this a good phone
    to buy this phone simfree is 459 euro
    is that good value

Lads use the search function please , Im not merging thread everyday like this again. There is too many threads about the same subject going. The search fuction is terrirfic and if you need help using it let me know.

lads iv my eye on a new phone the Sony ericsson k800i

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10407

it says the seize of the screen
    262.144 color TFT
    240x320 pixel

how does that compare to the nokia 6680 screen ie alot small etc

is this a good phone
    to buy this phone simfree is 459 euro
    is that good value

where does it say you can buy it for 459 euro.is it out already.im looking for the k790 as im not mad into the 3g services.

Sarge wrote:
    Lads use the search function please , Im not merging thread everyday like this again. There is too many threads about the same subject going. The search fuction is terrirfic and if you need help using it let me know.
    thanks sarge
    wont happen again

its out now and im going to buy it a.s.a.p

when is the W950i coming out and is there a camera on it

drdre wrote:
    where does it say you can buy it for 459 euro.is it out already.im looking for the k790 as im not mad into the 3g services.
    any link to the k790

then ill show ya where i can get a k800i
    ;)

any link to the k790

then ill show ya where i can get a k800i
    ;)

the k790 is not a 3g fone so i think its better as i donot like 3g
    check out for spec.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k790-1484.php

also pmme details about where i can get that k800.thanks

• Advertisement