Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson's K800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

any news on its release in ireland yet? also is 479 the cheapest price so far:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

has anyone got one yet:D :D . is the k790 got the same release time or is it different and what sort of price range is it going to be (sim free)

BFassassin wrote:
    has anyone got one yet:D :D . is the k790 got the same release time or is it different and what sort of price range is it going to be (sim free)
    still waiting, cannot find a shop that has one in stock.are they even out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

drdre wrote:
    still waiting, cannot find a shop that has one in stock.are they even out yet.

carphone warehouse...

[nicK] wrote:
    yeah thats UK not ireland:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Total bull**** the way we have to wait til last in this poxy backward country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

It's €479 on Pixmania (thats without all the bits n bobs €522 including everything)

Not sure what to do........pointless waiting for the shops to get it as they are totally way behind and useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anarchist wrote:
    It's €479 on Pixmania (thats without all the bits n bobs €522 including everything)

Not sure what to do........pointless waiting for the shops to get it as they are totally way behind and useless.

that price is tempting...

a quick question, would this be able to be used on 3pay if bought sim free?

Anarchist wrote:

what do you mean with bits and boobs.also whats postage like with pixmania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

drdre wrote:
    what do you mean with bits and boobs.also whats postage like with pixmania.

Come on dre - its not that hard to find
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/267564/art/sony-ericsson/k800i.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

Mine arrived from Expansys yesterday; it's a very nice phone, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

nice one davek
    can you put some pictures up for us to see and maybe a short review etc
    btw how much did you pay for it

Please bear in mind while reading my first impressions below that I had been using a V800:
    - the menus are pretty much the standard SE menus, although the file manager now allows sub-folders;
    - the ability to check how up-to-date the firmware is and update it OTA is very impressive, although current GPRS charges mean that updating will probably still be done using a PC and USB cable;
    - the screen is very clear, bright, & sharp;
    - the camera is highly impressive and allows even me to take decent photos;
    - the built-in browser is a vast improvement;
    - the mini-golf game looks good;
    - for contacts, it is now possible to assign more than one e-mail address, to include a work and a home postal address, and to store the contact's birthday; and
    - the RSS reader is fairly useful.

I paid about £370 for it including delivery; I know that Pixmania is cheaper, but I was impatient.

i'm sure he found it he's just wondering where the €522 figure comes from as to say the least i'm perplexed aswell.

once i get my wages this phone is on the waiting list to buy, probably sell my k750i on here aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

DaveK, does it have the same torch light thing as on the 750i?

lol good question this is a feature that has helped me on many a nights trying to find my way to the bedroom without disturbing anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

€479 is a good price but I'll never buy from pixmania again. I bought a k750 from them last year and they sent me out a box with just accessories and no bloody phone! :mad: I was raging. To make matters worse it took ages to get a refund which is something I would rather not risk again.

I think i'll go with expansys or phonesonline.

It has a proper flash, so there's no torch on it.

I think that most of the difference between the €522 final price and the €479 quoted is due to the optional warranty available from Pixmania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Cheers Dave, that torch thing was really somethin I liked, for the exact reason Cremo said.

Send us a pm when your selling that k750i cremo. Might well be interested.

skywalker wrote:
    Cheers Dave, that torch thing was really somethin I liked, for the exact reason Cremo said.

Send us a pm when your selling that k750i cremo. Might well be interested.

it will be at least a month before i get rid of it as i have other purchases that need to be done first :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Is this phone available anywhere in Ireland? Not Carphone Warehouse or anything but smaller places that import phones.

If it is available, what is the best price?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Got mine this afternoon , purchased from Expansys ob friday ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Hope this is not a stupid question but..

Can you slap in a non 3G regular GSM sim card into the a sim-free K800i?

My company pays the bill and I reckon they won't let me get a 3G sim and I'm not pushed either about upgrading.

Thanks.

sharkman can i ask why you went with expansys considering they are 30 euro odd dearer than pixmania?

Cremo wrote:
    sharkman can i ask why you went with expansys considering they are 30 euro odd dearer than pixmania?

I got it off them ex Vat , which made it 421.45 .

sharkman wrote:
    I got it off them ex Vat , which made it 421.45 .

How do you get them ex. VAT?

Also, could anyone that has the phone please post some pictures taken with the camera. I really want to see what they turn out like.

AJ! wrote:
    How do you get them ex. VAT?

Also, could anyone that has the phone please post some pictures taken with the camera. I really want to see what they turn out like.

Once you are VAt registered and have a VAT number , they discount it at source ..Handy.

Quick photo taken just now ....

dsc000012tf.jpg

Thanks Sharkman,
    My Dad has a VAT number so I'm really considering ordering this phone tomorrow.

AJ! wrote:
    Thanks Sharkman,

unless the phone is for your dad's business use this would be classed as tax avoidsion (evasion). :p

quality is way better than a k750i, i want a k800i now :mad: damn lack of funds.

• Advertisement

AJ! wrote:
    Thanks Sharkman,

Go for it AJ , Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a video call in progress .

Advertisement