Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson's K800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 krayZpaving

Sarge wrote:
    I actually dont know if it is been released sim free first or been passed around to the networks first , I really cant answer that.I know that in the coming weeks there is going to be a big push on the w810i which is ready to go on o2, After that its then there is a low spec sony ericsson coming out when i say low spec i mean 2mp camera bluetooth etc that will replace the k750i and then its the k800i according the rep i was speaking to. Interesting times.

Vodafone have now said they're cancelling the W810i launch (which had been scheduled for May), and going straight to the v630i (in August).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The k800i was eur530 about 4 days ago on www.expansys.ie ... then eur514 2 days ago and now eur494 ... I really don't want to buy this and then find out it's down eur50 less in a weeks time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

at least there's a nice trend going hopefully it will be down more before i buy it.

The problem is that I want it now :(

ciaranfo wrote:
    The problem is that I want it now :(

lol don't we all, don't we all.

I have the money right now and could order one but i have other stuff planned to buy (omega seamaster watch :p)

• Advertisement

now 459 on pixmania... meh must fight temptations.

Bah, cheaper again ... you're killing me here!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

ciaranfo wrote:
    The k800i was eur530 about 4 days ago on www.expansys.ie ... then eur514 2 days ago and now eur494 ... I really don't want to buy this and then find out it's down eur50 less in a weeks time :(

It's down to €489 now! :)

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=132648

Insane :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I only paid 350 for mine. Brand new and sealed. Can't reveal my sources though. Can't wait until it arrives tomorrow or Friday (more than likely Friday. Damn An Post)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

ever since i moved to a SE phone i can never use another nokia there's just something about nokia's OS that annoys me.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

chrislad wrote:
    I only paid 350 for mine. Brand new and sealed. Can't reveal my sources though. Can't wait until it arrives tomorrow or Friday (more than likely Friday. Damn An Post)

boo! keep the deal to yourself if you won't tell anyone!
    I will choose to believe that you paid 500 and are too ashamed to admit it. :p

daveym wrote:
    boo! keep the deal to yourself if you won't tell anyone!
    I will choose to believe that you paid 500 and are too ashamed to admit it. :p

I paid more than that for the W900. That's shameful!

*strokes his K800*

Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

enjoy it chrislad:D

chrislad wrote:
    *strokes his K800*

Lovely.

:mad:

you're mean

chrislad wrote:
    *strokes his K800*

Lovely.
    What are the bad points then? All of them .. no matter how minor.

The main bad point is that there's nothing new, as such. It's pretty much the same as the K750i, bar everything is improved. Better camera, better menu, faster to navigate, better joystick, sturdier buttons, sturdier feeling phone etc.

Other than that, there's not much I can fault it on. Some minor niggles such as saving sent messages is forced upon you, and you can't not save sent messages. Basically, any feature that was lacking in the K750i is probably still lacking here. One main difference is that there's a phone mode and a USB mode when you plug it into your PC, which means that you can't use it as a phone and transfer files unlike the K750i (note this only relates to phone memory, as I don't have a memory card as none came supplied [70megs internal memory])

I can't comment on voice recognition, bluetooth or other major features, but for the most part, I suspect they will be very like the K750i. Which isn't a bad thing. Just don't expect the great leap that was the 700i to the 750i.

That said, I would have preferred a K790i, as I would have preferred the EDGE support.

You're making me want to stick with my W810i ... no joystick, nicely spaced buttons ....

• Advertisement

The buttons are fine on the K800i. The joystick is a huge improvement over the 750i. It's a lot deeper in the phone and not as exposed as the 750i joystick.

The main reason people are going to be getting this over the W810i is the camera. BestPic is a great little touch and while I don't see myself using it a lot, better to have it than not have it.

Yeah, I had a chance to try out Bestpic and it certainly seems well useful!

What's the average filesize on a 3.2MP photo on max settings?

When I played with the phone I never got a chance to try out the music player .. is it just the walkman without the walkman branding, accessed through the main menu?

About 700kb for a 3.2mp on fine setting, which is the best quality available.

The music player isn't something I've used yet due to the lack of a memory card. It seems like the W800i player but without the walkman skin. Uses the same file structure and the Disc2Phone software.

the k800i doesn't take memory stick duos right (the ones that the k750i uses)?

Nope, it takes the new Memory Card Micro. Relatively inexpensive compared to the initial prices of the Pro Duos. A 1gig sets you back around 60euro from mymemory.co.uk. The 512 is only about 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

sharkman wrote:
    Go for it AJ , Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a video call in progress .

Anyone figured this out? It fails right away for me, im on vodafone but everything else, wap, mms etc works perfectly with the settings sent from the se page. Thanks for any help, and btw the phone is the best i've ever had by a mile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

Volcano, have you checked that both you and the person that you're calling are in 3G coverage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

Yea its strange enough as i also have a v3x i used to use. I could video call on that through vodafone and i used it with a friends sim and was trying to get the k800i and that video calling together from the same area (3g enabled) and the k800i automatically says 'Video call failed'. Its so quick that it seems like its not even trying to video call. Same when recieving a video call from the v3x, it just comes through as a voice call.

DaveK wrote:
    Volcano, have you checked that both you and the person that you're calling are in 3G coverage?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Volcano wrote:
    Yea its strange enough as i also have a v3x i used to use. I could video call on that through vodafone and i used it with a friends sim and was trying to get the k800i and that video calling together from the same area (3g enabled) and the k800i automatically says 'Video call failed'. Its so quick that it seems like its not even trying to video call. Same when recieving a video call from the v3x, it just comes through as a voice call.

O2 have not enabled and looks like they wont be enabling Video calls on their 3G network ....:confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah... what sharkman said without the question mark.

Advertisement