Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson's K800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

Im on vodafone tho, so im doubly confused ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Volcano wrote:
    Im on vodafone tho, so im doubly confused ;)
    True enough. I should read posts fully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I just tried a video call on my K800, and it worked. If I turn off 3G and then try to make a video call, it fails straight away, while if I try to make a video call to a landline, it only fails after attempting to connect. I have noticed with my current phone and my previous 3G phone that sometimes the 3G indicator is displayed even when the 3G network isn't working properly; that's the only thing that I can think of that could be causing your problem. Have you tried downloading something from the Web to check whether you're achieving 3G speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

No i havnt but thats an excellent idea, any clue what id use to tell me that on the k800? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I could always tell whether the 3G network was working when downloading videos; for example, it would take a minute or two to download a Premiership video (about 2Mb) from Vodafone Live if the network was working properly, and about 10 minutes if it wasn't. I just tried watching mobile TV with 3G turned off, and the picture was very choppy. I know that Vodafone Live used to have an 'Am I in 3G coverage?' link, but I don't know whether it's still there and whether it would be fooled in the same way that the phone is when it displays the 3G indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ok guys wheres the cheapest place to get a k800i, i want to buy one but i donot want to pay mad prices.please pm me if you want thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Any else find that the configurator on the SE site for the various phone settings doesnt work for the K800i and Vodafone Ireland?
    Worked great on the K750i I had, but have to do it all manually on the phone which was a right pain in the arse tbh.

Maybe something needs changing on the phone, I got it from a German seller but don't think that should make any difference everything on the phone is in English?

Am loving the picture quality on this phone by the way, its a proper camera at last in a phone !!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The 3G TV is dissapointing to say the least, cant get a proper picture here in Rathgar, which is hardly the back of beyond.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

drdre wrote:
    ok guys wheres the cheapest place to get a k800i, i want to buy one but i donot want to pay mad prices.please pm me if you want thanks

just came back from holidays to see this :eek: http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/267564/art/sony-ericsson/k800i.html

Cremo wrote:
    just came back from holidays to see this :eek: http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/267564/art/sony-ericsson/k800i.html
    thats a good price but whats postage like.any irish prices yet or is it available yet, i havenot seen it in shops.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    thats a good price but whats postage like.any irish prices yet or is it available yet, i havenot seen it in shops.
    Express Delivery (24-48 hours)
    Price : € 9.90
    Express delivery via DHL offers you 24-48h delivery for all orders placed before 10 AM.
    Orders placed after 10 AM will be despatched the day after.

9.90 is a great price for DHL, if you order before 10am and live in a biggish town (like dublin) you'll get it next day.

i'm gonna order the deal they have with the 1gig card soon (perhaps next week).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I assume the K800 will be coming to Ireland soon, as going on the K750
    It came out on 02 in Ireland about a month after it came out in Sweden last year.
    also its coming soon on the SE Ireland website

right i've bitten the bullet, and bought one of these from pixmania

520 odd euros for the phone, 1gig card and bluetooth headset.

let's hope it comes tuesday.

i'll probably be selling my k750i on adverts soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Fair play to ya Cremo, it's alot of money. Does anyone know when it's due out on bill with voda? I see O2 uk have it advertised on bill, it's not here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

On expansys it's €445 and pixmania €419!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

pfft fecking eejits in pixmania...

they packed my order which was

k800i + 1gig card included (their special deal)
    bluetooth headset

go to check the status of my order just there...
    Product  	                           Current avail.   Ord. Qty   Qty Del.
    Sony Ericsson Akono HBH-608 Bluetooth headset 	In stock  	1 	 1
    Sony Memorycard MemoryStick Micro M2 1 Gb 	In stock  	1 	 0
    Sony Ericsson K800i                             In stock        1        1

muppets :mad:

phone has arrived and is charging at the moment.

i'll take some pictures of it beside my k750i if anyone wants to see the size difference.

few things that annoyed - well not annoyed but i should of thought of.

1. got a two prong fecking charger, now it was no problem as thank god sony have universal chargers and i had a k750i beforehand.

2. stupid manual was in french, why did i do german in school :p

got the memory card aswell, jesus christ if you get one of these m2 cards open the packaging on a bed or something and open it slowly. i lost the damn thing opening the package, it's like the size of my pinky fingernail :eek:

can't wait to play with this when it's fully charged then the fun starts with settings and such.

Get pics up asap, is it the same size as the 750? bigger screen, how many colours? What size card comes with it? Does it just come in black?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Cremo , Best thing to do is to delete all the comms settings installed on the pone and send the settings from SE site . PM me if you need a hand . OR MSN

• Advertisement

Fabritzo wrote:
    Get pics up asap, is it the same size as the 750? bigger screen, how many colours? What size card comes with it? Does it just come in black?

ok, on first impressions the phone is slightly bigger that doesn't worry me as the k750i was small to me anyway.

the screen is bigger but only marginally, although there is the impression that it's way bigger due to the border around it(part that has the cyber shot logo on it).

i don't know how colours the screen is tbh, but i think i read somewhere there's more colours than the k750i and i found that to be a great screen so even if it's the same screen i'm happy.

no external memory card comes with it which is bit of a downer but on pixmania i bought a pack that included the phone and 1gig memory card for €479 excluding delivery.

as far as i know the phone only comes in black.
    sharkman wrote:
    Cremo , Best thing to do is to delete all the comms settings installed on the pone and send the settings from SE site . PM me if you need a hand . OR MSN

i'll do that, i'll be back to ya if i need help :p

*EDIT* Added links to photos....

http://netsoc.dit.ie/%7Encremins/phone/phone%20004-1.jpg
    http://netsoc.dit.ie/%7Encremins/phone/phone%20002-1.jpg
    http://netsoc.dit.ie/%7Encremins/phone/phone%20003-1.jpg

sorry for the crapness of the photos my digital camera is dirt for macro-ey shots.

No memory card, for fupp sake, late night shopping tonight, I might take a look in carphone warehouse, I'd say they have a few sim free ones at a 'nice' price.
    Are there 750 and 800 pics on this thead for comparission? I had a quick look and i didnt see any. Is there any chance you could take a pic of the same thing with both phones and throw it up please, I reckon this phone is a must for me all the same.

what item do you want in the shots? don't say a cig packet cause i don't smoke :p

Have you got a friendly dog that wouldn't mind their picture taken, or an older phone, something you can get good focus on, thanx.

ahh i misread you post.

i thought you wanted something in the shot beside the phones like a cig pack to see the size.

i'll get on with the shots and see how i'll get on now i haven't set up the phone on the pc yet so it might be a while.

*EDIT* i got the settings from their site, is there a number i can use to test out if mms works right?

k750i pictures

k800i pictures

probably not the best example.

i'm having problems getting my bluetooth headset connected to the k800i, the phone is just not picking up the signal from the bluetooth headset (this one here) haven't a clue what's up with it as it was working fine with my k750i

*EDIT*

good god, i'm totally stupid but i just noticed the little camera inside where your ear goes while making a call, i never even noticed it before and i thought to make a video call you'd be having to flip the phone around to the main camera.

fixed the bluetooth headset problem too, just a quick software reset of the headset worked a charm.

i'm loving this phone.

Thanx for the pics Cremo, don't give up the day job though :p

hmm perhaps macro type shots weren't the best choice, i'll try and make something up tomorrow, i've no dogs that want to pose for me :p

come on guys anyone get a cheap one, can you please tell me where to get one as i am confused.thanks

any help will be accepted:D :D

• Advertisement

pixmania are the cheapest so far.

now that i've had time to play around with this phone - still getting use to the smaller menu buttons - i think it's a great phone.

one of the most handiest features is the multiple alarm time settings. me being a heavy sleeper i can easily sleep through the alarm on the phone, so having the option of entering in 5 different alarm times (5 minute intervals i set them at) so i can get up on time in the mornings.

Advertisement