Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servlet Errors/Classpath

Options
  • 02-03-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm getting a few errors when running Tomcat. I think that the problem is my classpath (environment errors - the bane of my life)

Any idea how to solve this:
    package javax.serlvet does not exist
    import javax.servlet.*;

it could be that I am using the wrong servlet jar. Is there a specific package I should be looking for? Where do I put it? In tomcat or JAVA_HOME?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

if its the right version you could put it in the lib dirctory of your .war file or put it in tomcat/common/lib and it should be picked up from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

at what point are you getting the package not found errors? Thats a compile error. Are you getting it when tomcat is compiling ur jsps?

Or are you trying to compile a servlet outside of tomcat? If so, make sure the servlet.jar is included on the classpath of whatever you are using to compile the code, whether its ant, command line or eclipse.

Advertisement