Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHPBB Problem

Options
  • 02-03-2006 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Everytime I go to my admin panel i get this
    Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/bullseach0/domains/20bullseach.com/public_html/forum/language/lang_english/lang_admin.php on line 731

I reckon theres something gone balls up in there big time. I havent a clue about phpbb. BUT Is there anyway i could take the forum database with all the users and posts and import it into another phpbb installation i have?
    Would that carry over that error as well?

Thanks

gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Have you tried installing a fresh copy of PHPBB over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

If the forum is hosted on your own hosting package you can save the database into an sql file and then reload it into the newly installed phpbb forum. If you have it hosted with on a free server you might not be able to do this but if you get in contact with them they might send the sql file to you but this is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

do you have phpmyadmin installed with your account. If you do then all your database is in a table with the prefix phpbb_ , you can as the previous poster said save the content to a .sql file from there.

Don't reinstall untill you have the sql file because you will lose all your database content as the installer will rewrite into the phpbb_ table as it is the default option during the installation

Advertisement