Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Truck Protest?

• 02-03-2006 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Just driving past the Port Tunnel again yesterday made me think - are truckers really going to use it, get stuck on the already clogged M50 and then pay 6 euro (or whatever it is) to go thru the toll bridge?? It sounds like madness. Or will most southbound trucks be forced to use the Eastlink and coast road. Does anyone know if there will be enforcement of removing them from the city centre? And what happens if they do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There will be a HGV management plan in place that will effectively ban trucks with more than 5 axles from the city centre between 7am-7pm. Personally, I think it should 24 hours with the exception of trucks whos destinations are in the city centre e.g. markets or entertainment. Construction trucks should only be allowed in after business hours. I hope the plan also designates the alternative routes for oversize vehicles.

I am of the opinion that the 'buy out' of the Westlink has been accelerated by the eminent opening of the tunnel. The cost of the toll that trucks will have to pay is one issue but the fact that trucks could be sitting in M50 traffic almost defeats the purpose of the tunnel in the first place.

Advertisement