Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv fair usage policy?

• 02-03-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know much about this? In the explaination its goes on about file sharing programs that send and receive large files, what if you dont send files but only receive files, would this lessen the load, I always presumed that uploading put more strain than downloading, is that true?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bush wrote:
    Just wondering does anyone know much about this? In the explaination its goes on about file sharing programs that send and receive large files, what if you dont send files but only receive files, would this lessen the load, I always presumed that uploading put more strain than downloading, is that true?

As this 'concept' has only been introduced very recently nobody will 'know much' about this until some sort of pattern emerges. My bet is given UTV's past behaviour is that they will adopt a very conservative approach.

Advertisement