Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock Control Software

Options
  • 02-03-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Im looking for good software for a stock control program that i can run on windows. Ideally i want something that can be downloaded online and that i can alter to suit my business. Ive never used this kind of software befor so im not sure how suitable this would be, heres my ideas

At the end of a shift i want to be able to key in what was sold of each product. Lets take an example if i had just 6 products:

1) Sheperds Pie Lunch
    2) Chicken Lunch
    3) Homemade Burger Lunch
    4) Breakfast
    5) Tea
    6) Toast

Now i also have something in the program that allows me enter what stock i currently have now:

Mince Meat 20lbs
    Chicken Breast 15
    Sausages 50
    Rasher 60
    Egg 80
    Waffle 40
    Teabags 500
    Bread 20 sliced pans
    Potatoes 10kg bag
    Carrots 5kg bag
    Peas 5kg bag

Now at the end of the day if i sell the following and enter into the program:
    1) Sheperds Pie Lunch [3 sold]
    2) Chicken Lunch [5 sold]
    3) Homemade Burger Lunch [8 sold]
    4) Breakfast [2 sold]
    5) Tea [20 sold]
    6) Toast [15 sold]

Now the program ideally knows from the info i entered that for every sheperds pie lunch it should deduct 0.10kg from the potatoes total, 0.08kg from the carrots and 0.20kg of mince meat. It has to deduct this 3 times because i sold 3.

Simarly with the breakfast it should deduct 2 eggs, 2 rashers, 2 sausages, 3 slices of toast, a waffle and 1 tea from the stock for each breakfast sold.

Now i know there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can keep a regular stock on such as salt,sugar etc but alot of stuff can be as seen above. Is it possible to get software that can go into this detail or am i overdoing things stockwise. I currently do a manual check which can be time consuming and cold if your standing in a freezer and this way would be so much more handier. It would help me keep a tighter reign on wheter stuff is going missing or not but would also be able to alert me when stock is going low.

I know these pos systems are the right job for this but your talking a couple of grand which i just dont have at the moment so what other suggestions have you got. I just have an ordinary cash register so i would just do a reading and enter the stock sold manually

Thanks for any help you can give me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Dvdfan,

I set what your looking for up a couple of years ago for a hotel owner. I'll have a look to see if I can find it over the weekend.

It combines stock control with meal costing.

You set up what the approx required ingredients are for each plate or outer.

Then in another section you have your stock.

You enter the stock with price per kg for example and total kg's.

hmmm im not explaining it very well I thought it was very good. It was a consultant from masterchef that recommended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Most POS systems or accounting software will allow you to sell fractional amounts of a stock item. What you have to watch out for is the complexity of the stock control/inventory system. You don’t want to spend 2 hours writing up sales each night just to save an hour once a month in stock counting.

Lookup Invoiceit.com for one example of a DIY product for the small business in controlling sales & stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭REDZ

All of the following are on downloads.com

PIMS-Classic 5.9.9
    PIMS Classic is a full inventory, point-of-sale, and accounting program. It includes manufacturing, service & repair, customer tracking, serial number tracking, barcoding, along with unlimited searching and reporting capabilities. It is compatible with a wide array of POS equipment including barcode scanners, receipt printers, pole displays, and electronic cash draws. purchasing/receiving sections are capable of automatic purchase order creation based on need and customer backorders. The accounting section has G/L, A/R, A/P and check writing along with bank and vendor reconciliation.
    Cost: free

Omega Enterprise Manager 1.5.6
    Omega Enterprise Manager allows you to keep track of suppliers and employees, accounts and customers, your inventory and so much more. And, you won't need to go elsewhere to produce professional quality, readable, and meaningful reports. Sales summaries, profit margins, employee schedules, orders, and cost summaries.

Cost: $30

30 day free trial.

Basic Inventory Control 5.0
    Basic Inventory Control (BIC) tracks the orders, receipts, shrinkage, allocation, and shipment of products. BIC displays physical units in stock, allocated units, available units in stock, and units on order. It produces reports such as Current Inventory, Out of Stock Products, and Inventory Transactions for the criteria you specify. The look-up lists and column headings in BIC are customizable. BIC can export data to a Microsoft Excel file. BIC can import product list and beginning inventory from a Microsoft Excel comma-delimited file. The inventory database is multiuser capable. BIC features extensive online help, tip of the day, a tutorial, and a support Web site. BIC has an easy-to-use interface and requires very little disk space to install.

Cost $99

30 day free trial

Small Business Inventory Control Pro 7
    Small Business Inventory Control (SBIC) is designed for business owners or managers. It uses an Explorer interface for navigation from Vendors, Items, and Customers. Create invoices and PO's along with 18 other standard Reports. Items can be easily grouped into assemblies and sold as a group. Also, track customer payments and balances.

Cost: $199

50 use free trial

ABMIS Professional
    A real-time, customizable business management solution designed to address the needs of small to medium-sized businesses. Fully customizable, Inventory Control, Point of Sale, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Manufacturing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Quotation, Banking, Multiple Warehouses, Advanced Tax System for US, CAN, UK, AUS and others, Lot and serial number, Barcode Printing, Comprehensive Report designer, Enhanced security system.
    30 day trial

Retail Man POS
    Take full control of your retail business; Retail Man POS contains both shop front POS and back office modules including, fast and easy POS and invoicing screens, purchase orders, stock control, diary, double entry accounting, telephone directory, built-in emailing, touch screen, barcode scanner, Pole display, cashdrawer and POS printers support. Generate purchase orders from back office, check on your staff sales as they are done, keep a list of your repeat clients, email invoices, quotes or purchase orders directly, print stock barcodes, check profit & loss and balance sheet on daily bases. View, print or save reports as HTML, XLS or PDF files. Also let the stock control tell you when you have hit the minimum level of your stock as you sell it, and track stock serial numbers as you buy it and sell it. Use built in emailing to generate profits by bulk emailing your clients with your advertisements and special offers with no additional costs.

Limited free trial

RetailEdge 7.59
    This program is designed to help you process sales, manage inventory and customers, and provide product-shipping history for your small business. It is fully bar code-compatible and works with industry standard point-of-sale equipment. RetailEdge can also track departments and vendors, as well as maintain detailed customer sales receipts and generate targeted customer lists. It can provide receiving histories and inventory analysis reports. It has the capability to print mailing and bar-coded pricing labels and can integrate with standard laser and CCD bar-code scanners.

Cost: $299
    Limited free trial

Atrex 11.05
    Atrex inventory control and point of sale includes invoicing, orders, quotes, recurring invoicing, purchase orders, service orders, AR, AP, and most every other function a retail or wholesale business needs. Inventory functions are real time and support serialized items, containers, and assemblies. The application's other features include RMA (returned merchandise authorization) tracking, tax categories, pricing categories, more than 95 report functions, a built-in report designer, partial-search capabilities for stock codes and customers, SQL query capabilities for ad-hoc reporting, GST support, international telephone numbers and postal codes, bar-code printing, cash-drawer support, and menu-level security. The Atrex database engine is network ready, multi-user, and includes client server capabilities. Context sensitive cross-referenced help and a full user’s guide are included.
    Cost: $299
    60 day free trial

WholeSale Organizer 8.7
    WholeSale Organizer is a management tool for the retail and wholesale industry. This program manages inventory, invoicing, cash reconciliation, customer records, accounts receivable, and much more. This software allows the user to process wholesale or retail sales at the same time. It has the ability to calculate shipping fees for any location in the United States. Export data from the inventory into Excel files.

Cost: $349.00

Limited free Trial

ShopKeeper FMP (POS)
    Point of sale and inventory control software. Staying ahead of your competition takes a lot of hard work, experience, and insight. Unfortunately, manual paperwork infringes on what you do best: making money. Critical information and features are at your fingertips with this application. You can process customer sales, monitor inventory levels, expedite purchase orders, control accounts payable, and track receivables. ShopKeeper has already improved retail, mail order, wholesale, consignment, and service oriented businesses around the world. Point of sale inventory control credit card authorization links time clock. Customer tracking. Invoicing, orders, and quotes. Purchase orders. Accounts receivable. Accounts payable. Bar coding.

Cost: $695.00

50 day free trial

Keystroke Point of Sale 6.0 build 60
    Keystroke Point Of Sale is a practical sales management and inventory control system for retail, wholesale, and service businesses. A traditional approach to the point of sale provides fast transaction entry and effective business controls. Robust databases and reporting tools will help you capture, manage, and analyze your valuable business data like never before. Keystroke combines a user-friendly interface with exceptional speed and flexibility to provide a powerful, yet affordable automated management system. Keystroke includes customizable Toolbars for quick access to frequently used functions and repetitive tasks.
    Cost: $1,895.00
    Limited free trial

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks Redz, I'm looking into good POS software for where I work, to replace the rubbish POS we currently use (I won't name it). Will try out a few of these. That PIMS is highly rated on c|net.

Advertisement