Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU elections beginning to piss anyone else off?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah Duffy's lot are, by and large, pretty sound.

Although granted I'm biased cos I was campaigning for them today...:D :o

*Cue noticable shunning of theBum by other boardsies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

[rant]Well despite the fact I hadn't had any lectures today, I decided to come into UCD after work to voice my democracy and all that.

Well as I walk f**king wrecked the Orts blck pretty much turns into Grafton Street with annoying Concern/Barnardos mugger election types diving out infront of you and pretty much grabbing you by the balls in order to get you're attention! Grrr I'm angry.

Then I go to vote and I wriggle my way through Batman and the hacks and I go to vote... no f**king pen with me! They had no pen at the polling station at all so I had to be a right twat in asking everyone voting whether they had a lend.... grrrr! :o If you were an unfortunate victim of my ''do ya have a lend of pen'' mugging I'm sorry! Grrr even more angry! :mad:

Oh then while me with my headphones leaving some election mugger (Duffy member) asks whether I have a second to speak and I say ''I've voted'' and she says ''but just one second''!!! Annoying so and so! :mad:

and then the DARTs were f**ked so it took me ages to get home! :mad:

I'm angry..... and I'm never voting again after this! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad: :mad: [/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I just kept telling them I've already voted, they were all over the science building, irritating people. As it happens I didn't get round to voting, couldn't really care less tbh I've no idea who I was going to vote for. Most of the candidates just told us whats wrong with college rather than anything they were going to actually do about it in their pre lecture spiels anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Many didn't believe that I had voted. I think Duffy's were polite because tey could see that most people have made up their mind on him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

A few of Dan Hayden's canvassers were hot i will admit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I stayed well clear of canvassers... hiding out in the lab for most of the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Forgot to go in and vote today. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I really think that the college has to change the way the elections are run.It's not fair for students to be harrassed like they were yesterday.No wonder there is always such a poor turnout for the su elections.
    I think manifestos should just be layed out clearly in each faculty,so people can read for themselves about the candidate.I think each candidate should be limited to have just one person in each faculty canvassing for them.Enda duffy had people who arent even students canvassing for him and that most certainly shouldnt be allowed.

Saying that,it was good fun canvassing.Bumped into sooo many people was like a big old reunion.I recognised waltons too(he didnt have a duck on his shoulder i was quite dissapointed)

was funny bumping into you humbert,cept for the fact that niall dolan,one of enda duffys cronies,was really rude and interuppted us.I hate that sort of carry on.I only really stopped people that I knew and everytime I was talking to someone he would butt in and start going on about duffys non existent policies.some people just have no manners........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

In 'real' elections it is not allowed to canvass within a certain radius of the polling station for good reason. Why can't this be applied here in UCD? It saddens me that an election can be won based on numbers and the ability to pester people, rather than on well-considered and feasible policies for improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

There is a radius within which they cannot canvass! I think it's 5 metres or something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

panda100 wrote:
    I recognised waltons too(he didnt have a duck on his shoulder i was quite dissapointed)

I'll bring it to the beers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Waltons wrote:
    I'll bring it to the beers :D
    Do you happen to know a girl called Zoé? She also has a duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 YeVaD

humbert wrote:
    I myself would be inclined to vote for Orla Ni somethingorother cuz after careful thought and deliberation I concluded she's the hottest

Amen :v:
    Though had I not been ill yesterday Dan would have got my vote. Luckily he doesn't need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Samos wrote:
    In 'real' elections it is not allowed to canvass within a certain radius of the polling station for good reason.
    I concur with this, altho I didn't say anything to Enda's campaign manager (can't remember his name) about it...

When I was canvassing, I stayed well away from the polling station - even went as far as the bus terminuses (terminii???) where I found it was much more productive to talk to ppl after they had just gotten off the bus, before they'd had to "run the gauntlet" and gotten severely p*ssed off.

Advertisement