Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN status window packets to bytes

Options
  • 02-03-2006 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to change this setting so that it shows bytes instead of packets. I have read somewhere before that it is possible to change but i can't remember how.

Now what i am talking about is when the two computers are in the corner and you clikc on it and it opens it has send and recieved bytes on nearly every pc i have ever come in contact with but there are one or two that have packets and i was wondering if you could change it to bytes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,

I did a bit of looking and it seems that that display is driver dependent.

It can be hit or miss if you see packets or bytes there. You could try a different driver or fiddle the one you have to report back to window how many bytes have been transferred. But it's messy (I'd say).

Hope this helps

Advertisement