Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting a transparent background to jpegs etc

Options
  • 02-03-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Basically, long-story short, I want to use some jpegs in a webpage with a textured background, but the jpegs are all on white backgrounds. This makes them appear as though they are 'boxed-in' against the coloured texture.

Any ideas? I'm aware of the lengthy process of trimming the background away from them and saving it gif and png etc, but there are a lot of jpegs & gifs to do that too.

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

photoshop/paint shop pro etc. all do that, but afaik internet explorer will always display transparency as a white background

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks guys for the replies. Some issues I'm still having though...

I know the gif format allows for transparency, but its not an even one. There would still be some mottling of colours around the edge, as well as jagged edges...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

PNG does alpha transparencies. Sounds like what you need.

Advertisement