Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best 11

Options
  • 02-03-2006 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Who is on your master league team?

At the moment im playing a 3-4-3 formation.
    I also have a few young players as they are going to be excellent in a while, so bear that in mind.

In nets - Huber.
    Right back - Maldini.
    Centre back - Kolmann.
    Left back - Vomme.
    Defensive Midfield - Froequertoli.
    Right Midfield - Warol.
    Left Midfield - Burnolen.
    Offensive Midfield - Gulaas. (Ruud Gullitt)
    Right Forward - Malgani. (Maradona)
    Left Forward - Benuki.
    Centre Forward - Palm. (Pele)

I have a few decent subs and a few **** ones.
    Decent subs : Griffiths, Kerzhakov, Sasaki, Bos, Kezman.
    Crap subs : Ivarov, Jaric, Libermann.

I generally win anywhere from 2-0 to 5-0. Rarely concede a goal. Have it on the hardest difficulty also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Da Bounca wrote:
    Rarely concede a goal. Have it on the hardest difficulty also.

Well done.
    Keep in mind the consensus is that 3 star is actually the toughest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lets see my current Master Team looks like this:
    GK: Cech
    DL: Ashley Cole
    DR: Krol (Dutch Legend)
    DC: Puyol
    DC: Felipe
    Defensive Midfielder: Pirlo
    Midfield Centre: Xavi
    Midfield Centre: Gerrard
    Attacking Mid Left: Ronaldinho
    Attacking Mid Right: C. Ronaldo
    Striker: Eto'o

On the bench I have: Kompany, Belletti, Rijkaard, Croyff, Pele, Zico, Best, Joe Cole, Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

RichyX wrote:
    Well done.
    Keep in mind the consensus is that 3 star is actually the toughest.

Oh. To be honest i hadnt noticed much of a differance between 3 and 5, just thought id point out the difficulty i was using.

Is that the boards.ie consensus?

Nice team slurms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^ 3* seems to be a lot more attack minded then 5* or 6*. Mind you, it's easier to score against imho.
    My new Master League team is something along these lines...
    GK: Issakasson (sp? The Swedish keeper)
    CB: Heitinga (Dutch)
    CB: Colocini (Argie)
    RB: Sergio Ramos (Spain)
    LB: Mathieu (French)
    DMF: Xavi (Spain)
    CMF: Iniesta (Spain)
    RMF: Joaquin (Spain)
    LMF: Van Der Meyde (Dutch...get's ridiculously good, I was kind of surprised about that)
    SS: Bojinov (Bulgarian)
    CF: 'Nando Torres (Spain)
    Best players on the bench:
    SS: Messi (Argie...turns the formation into 4-3-3)
    SMF: McGeedy (Sp?...Irish)
    SMF: Vicente (Spain)
    CF: Forlan (Uruguay? Sp?)
    GK: Toldo (Italy)
    CB: Perea (Colombian I think)

I use the Juve formation most of the time, with the exception of when I throw on Messi. I'm really sick of my old team. It's got all the big names, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Robinho, Puyol, Gerrard etc, etc. The problem with it is that all my mates teams are pretty much carbon copies of it, so I'm trying to make a team that's a little different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Carroll
    Scaloni
    Beirestsky
    A Ferdinand
    Konschesky
    Newton
    Reo Coker
    Mullins
    Nasri
    Benayoun
    Yakubu

5 games left im bankrupt or i i win every game i get promoted and go into div 1 with no money. 2nd in table lost 1-0 in 1st leg of cup semi final.

Is it really fun playing with the great players?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

KdjaC wrote:
    Is it really fun playing with the great players?

No. :)

I much prefer playing with either lesser players or else plenty of rising stars. Maybe using one or two very decent players in one or two positions and then building a team of mediocrity around them, thats another interesting way to play, kind of like Southampton with Le Tissier or West Ham with Di Canio. One focal point and a lot of filler, makes things interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well i lost every game and in the the final game when i went gung ho to get Yakubu top scorer and get the goal bonus, lost 4-3 but he got the 3. Let Sheringham and about 5 other players go to get my salary down to 11k so i finished the season with 2k points in 4th.

Bought noone so the young kids i have doubled their stats last season now is the time for them to deliver :D

Now i need a new young left sided player with talent who is free :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Currently on season 2012 and starting eleven

gk- stenkelberg
    df-benedetti
    df-motta
    df-kruger
    dmf-gerrard (C)
    dmf-park ji sung
    amf-schuster
    amf-hoekstra
    amf-joaquin
    cf-rooney
    cf-babel

subs incld
    Boruc,wright philips,ronaldinho,robinho,luis enrique,vanden borre, duffy(yes duffy not duff),protti,fowler,owen,julian gray and a few others.

A good mixture of youth and experience. What i do is every time negotiations come up i do an advanced search for players aged 19-22 and try to purchase the better ones obviously. Ive had rooney,joaquin,schuster and park ji sung more or less since the beginning (season 2/3 like) and their development rates are thro the roofs. Babel i only got two seasons ago but he's thrown in about 30-40 goals already.

Joaquin would have to be my personal fav cos he contributes some timely and savage goals. And Robinho is an unreal sub to bring on, very good development in the early "building years" but still getting better.

Protti is an 18 year old with not great stats but has brilliant finishing and has scored hattricks against utd and inter milan for me on the few times ive thrown him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

its funny though a lot of people play master league with the match mode players and not the default master league starting team. i made and Uber league to play in and the second division in which i started has all the next best teams in it. im only in my second season. I won promotion first time around on the last day of the season with a win I needed or else id go bankrupt. very tense.

still have the main team that you start with except my strikers are different.

i have

Bamogo at WF
    Mirakenic at SS
    Landroam(he is a legend of some kind. think its brian laudrup) at CF

no one else really yet. only just started my second season the other day. its tough. playing against all the best sides on 5* with a pants team is hard. had some cracking games though. won 2 drawn 5 and lost 2 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

My starting 11 in the Master League (I apologise in advance for the poor spelling):

Keeper: Akineev

Right Back: Kaebi
    Left Back: Reto Zeigler
    Center Back: A Hughes
    Center Back: Hagui

Defensive Midfielder: McKenzie or Yussuf

Center Midfielder: Park Chu-young
    Center Midfielder: M'bami

Right Wing Forward: Oguro
    Left Wing Forward: Podolski or Schwarz
    Center Forward: Guamamdia

Currently 3rd in Division 1 behind Barca and Real Madrid with no chance of catching either. Champs league winners in last 2 seasons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

Does nobody take Henry, Van the man.....
    Playing with Arsenal team bought some young players henry nearing retirment so young lads coming through looks good.

Advertisement