Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISSF Class B Judges Licences issued

Options
  • 02-03-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

The ISSF news is out for the first issue of the year, and all hail us, we have two new Irish ISSF Class B judges; myself and Liam Crawford of the NTSA. Not sure when Liam did his course, myself I was over there last January in Bisley (bloody freezing, so it was) and was on one of the first ISSF judges courses with the new post-Athens rules for the Wilkinstown Target Shooting Club. Been a long wait for the licence, but it's finally here :)

Interesting course to get it, by the way; you're expected to know the rules when you go into the course, and it focuses on the reasons for the rules (including the specific incidents that triggered them, which leads to some pretty interesting stories), and the general principles behind them and how to apply them. Interesting stuff!

I'll post up a shot of the relevant page when I get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Well done and congrats Sparks !!
    Best of luck with the new qualification :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Well done Sparks, does our collective reputation well within the ISSF to have ISSF qualified officials about! Look forward to seeing you officiate at some World Cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Indeed, well done to Liam and Mark; we have now got quite a few ISSF qualifications kicking about. Long may it continue.

Now Sparks.. Being a Judge, implies the excercise of judgment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote:
    Now Sparks.. Being a Judge, implies the excercise of judgment :D
    dogbert-bah.png
    :D

Whoops, looks like someone forgot something...

From the NTSA website:
    ISSF Judges “B” License
    Contributed by NTSA
    Thursday, 02 March 2006

Congratulations to Liam Crawford on his resent qualification for a ISSF Judges "B" Licence for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    What? How to spell recent? :D

Oh, no, it's okay now :rolleyes:

From the NTSA website:
    ISSF Judges “B” License & EST License.
    Contributed by NTSA
    Thursday, 02 March 2006

Congratulations to Liam Crawford on his resent qualification for a ISSF Judges "B" Licence for Ireland.

We would also like to congratulate Liam on obtaining the Electronic Scoring Target Control (Cat 6) license.

Sparks wrote:
    Your license wasn't notified to the NTSA, which would be the case if you didn't apply through them to do the course.

Sorry rrpc, I don't buy it - the notification came out in the ISSF News magazine, and my name's up there with Liam's. Besides which, I know that several of the committee read both this board and my training diary :)
    It isn't much of a surprise, mind...

What's Liams other qualification?? The Cat 6 thing...

• Advertisement

It's for the suis ascor machines in Bisley O_P.

Sparks wrote:
    Sorry rrpc, I don't buy it - the notification came out in the ISSF News magazine, and my name's up there with Liam's. Besides which, I know that several of the committee read both this board and my training diary :)
    It isn't much of a surprise, mind...
    You don't buy it Sparks, because you don't want to. The person who put the notice on the website didn't get the ISSF magazine, and the source of that notice was a letter confirming Liam's qualification. Yours was not in that letter. As for your Blog, and this board you are anthropomorphising again, just because you read and write on both doesn't mean that everyone else out there does with the same regularity. For someone with strong opinions, you sometimes show very little regard for the opinions of others when they contradict yours. There is a touch of Animal Farm about your stance with regard to the NTSA, it's not all 'two legs bad' you know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Well conngratulations to both of you, and Sparks, stop trying to have a go at the NTSA at every opportunity, it's tiresome.

Just say well done to all concerned and leave it at that. We don't need the editorial.

rrpc wrote:
    You don't buy it Sparks, because you don't want to.
    More because of timing to be honest RRPC.
    The person who put the notice on the website didn't get the ISSF magazine
    The NTSA committee gets the magazine. Does the NTSA PRO not get correspondance sent to the committee anymore? I didn't realise I'd had such a profound effect on their internal procedures :D
    As for your Blog, and this board you are anthropomorphising again, just because you read and write on both doesn't mean that everyone else out there does with the same regularity.
    Nope, for that I'm taking people at their word that they are reading here and there.
    For someone with strong opinions, you sometimes show very little regard for the opinions of others when they contradict yours.
    Isn't that the very definition of a strong opinion, that you hold it even when there are contradictory ones out there?
    There is a touch of Animal Farm about your stance with regard to the NTSA, it's not all 'two legs bad' you know. :)
    No, in truth it's not; but the parts that are "two legs bad" are right off the chart...

Advertisement